The College of Business believes in providing students with accurate and consistent advisement throughout the calendar year and not just during the “crunch time” of Priority Registration. Undergraduate business majors are required to meet for advisement at least once a year for Pre-Registration Advisement. Meeting regularly for advisement helps to ensure students are on track to meeting their degree requirements; are aware of any recent prerequisite changes; and will meet their anticipated graduation date.
Pre-Registration Advisement requires students to take ownership of their academic advisement through planning and active involvement. Students are required to:
- meet with the academic adviser a minimum of ONE time per year BEFORE Priority Registration begins;
- become familiar with their degree requirements;
- utilize online resources to attempt to plan for summer classes, graduation, etc.;
- create an academic plan for the next three to four semesters instead of just the next term;
- utilize faculty to plan for careers, certifications, graduate school, etc.
During Pre-Registration Advisement, the Adviser will review the student's tentative academic plan for the next three to four semesters; verify course prerequisites and offerings; recommend any necessary petitions; and map out a path to graduation.
During the Pre-Registration process, students should bring the following information to their advisement meeting:
- a current, printed copy of their MyMocsDegree. MyMocsDegrees are available online through MyMocsNet, "Academics" tab. Students wishing to change majors should submit a completed major change form to Records, 109 Race, before being advised.;
- a current, accurate course schedule for all registered terms. Student schedules are available online through the MyMocsNet, "Academics" tab;
- a tentative list of courses to register for in the upcoming term.
NOTE: The online Schedule of Classes is not necessary for academic advisement and may not available for most of Pre-Registration Advisement.