Interactive Major & Career Exploration
You should bring your printed Major Interactive to your first advising appointment
of each semester.
- Take the O*Net Interest Profiler. Take this truthfully in order to receive most accurate results.
- PRINT OUT the Results page that shows your Top 3 Interests in BOLD.
- Follow this link --> to the Holland Occupational Themes page.
- Find your Top 3 Interests pages and choose 3 Major Possibilities as well as 3 Career
- Either write these down or print these pages off and bring them to your advising appointment.
First Year Advisement Process
Meet your advisor to discuss the purpose of academic advising, your transition to college, adjustment to classes, and campus resources available to achieve academic success (i.e., tutoring, supplemental instruction, etc). Students will need to bring a print out of their Career Exploration to discuss with their advisor.
Students will speak with their advisor about major selection, course registration, and progress towards graduation. Students can find registration instructions by clicking here.
Students will meet with their advisor to discuss the previous semester’s performance, adjustment to current classes, and campus resources available to achieve academic success (i.e., tutoring, supplemental instruction, etc).
As with the second meeting, students will speak with an advisor about major selection, course registration, and progress towards graduation. Students will be advised by their major departments beginning their second year. During your spring semester advisement meetings, your advisor will prepare you to make this transition.