John C. Stophel Distinguished Student Award
The John C. Stophel Distinguished Student Award is presented annually to recognize high potential business students who have made significant and meaningful civic contributions to UTC and the College of Business while maintaining a strong academic record.
The Award will be presented at a spring awards ceremony. Award winners will be introduced to area businesses in a booklet that includes the students’ pictures, statements and resumes. A plaque identifying the COB Distinguished Students by name is on permanent display on the 2nd floor of Fletcher Hall. A booklet profiling the COB Distinguished Students is prepared and sent to various COB corporate partners. Students must submit an application in order to be considered for this award.
The application deadline for the 2013-2014 academic year is 5 p.m. Friday, November 1, 2013.
- Evidence of exceptional extracurricular leadership and community service. Community engagement evidenced by a pattern of strong contributions to COB, UTC, or civic organizations will be highly valued, as will activities resulting in lasting impact and quantifiable results.
- Award recipients will have some of the following characteristics: strong leadership skills, self-motivating initiative, and exceptional presentation skills.
- Undergraduate students who are seniors during the fall semester and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- MBA or MAcc students who plan to graduate in the current academic year and have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- EMBA students are not eligible.