SHARP 2014 General Information
Leveraging Big Data Approaches for Next-Generation Innovation and Societal Benefits
The SHARP 2014 Conference will bring together academic professionals and industry representatives who share a common passion for application, research, and education innovation in the field of analytics. In the spirit of open innovation the conference offers the opportunity to learn from, contribute your knowledge to, and brainstorm with the industry's key movers and shakers. The 2014 conference will focus on the application of analytics to healthcare, smart grid and other cutting-edge areas related to analytics.
The use of big data and analytics approaches in the fields of science, technology and business is promising and set to grow over the next several years. The adoption of such approaches should lead toward the development of next-generation innovation that is widely adopted in organizations and localized communities but are also sharable over high-speed, gigabit cyber-networks such as the government's Geni initiative. Analytics-driven developments in various spheres such as healthcare, smart grid, public health, consumer, etc. can strongly influence the technological evolution, guide policy making, while reshaping the future and catalyze the innovation culture at the global, regional and metropolitan levels. Various private and public open-data initiatives will be key drivers for this change. Such an approach requires a new thinking blended with state-of-art new business, technology and analytics skills and strong scientific research.
The SHARP 2014 Conference will identify opportunities and present various mechanisms that could make contributions in the field of applied analytics while taking us on an integrated, technology driven, innovation path for the future.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for SHARP Conference attendees. Please click the option for CEUs when you fill out your conference registration.
- SHARP 2014 provides an opportunity for CPAs and CISAs to increase their understanding of the latest data analytics tools and research and earn CPE credits. The two-day conference provides a total of 15 CPE Credits and the one-day pre-conference is recommended for an additional 7.5 CPE Credits. Please click the option for CPEs when you fill out your conference registration.
SHARP 2014 will take place at the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown. Accommodations at the Chattanooga Marriott may be reserved for a conference rate of $109 per night.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga College of Business, IBM, Teradata, CO.LAB, MarketStreet Solutions, Chattanooga Technology Council and PYA Analytics.
Pre-Conference Session: October 15
A pre-conference session will include an opportunity to participate in an IBM Big Data Development Day.
The conference will host at least three keynote speakers from industry and one academic keynote. Currently, the keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Mike Haydock, IBM Fellow & Chief Scientist, GBS
- Dr. Katharine Frase, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, IBM
- Bill Franks, Chief Analytics Officer for Teradata
- Dr. Ramesh Sharda, Oklahoma State University
Submissions for this conference have closed.
- Aug. 31, 2014: Final Paper Revisions Resubmission
- Sept. 22, 2014: Last day to receive the conference hotel rate.
Ashish Gupta, PhD
Associate Professor of Analytics & Information Systems
College of Business
University of Tennessee Chattanooga
Phone: (423) 425-4156