Apply Now to Participate in the Student Managed Investment Learning Experience
APPLICATIONS OPEN Sept. 10 through Oct. 14, 2016!
SMILE Fund allows students to manage real investments
The application process for the SMILE Fund (Student Managed Investment Learning Experience Fund) is now open and applications are open September 10-October 14, 2016.
The SMILE Fund is a $250,000 equity fund managed entirely by students for UTC's UC Foundation. This is an invaluable learning opportunity that many universities do not offer. Only a select number of undergraduate students (approximately 25) will be chosen each year to gain valuable exposure to the field of portfolio management.
About the Application Process
Approximately 25 students (majority juniors, then sophomores, and even interested
freshmen) will be selected to participate in the SMILE Fund as either officers, lead
sector analysts, or junior anaylsts. All selected students must commit to serve as
a manager for three consecutive semesters (Spring 2016, Fall 2016, and Spring 2017
semesters). Students who graduate before May 2017 (or may be away during a semester
for other reasons including studying abroad) are not eligible. For all eligible students,
the application process consists of three simple steps:
1. Students should complete and submit the two-page application. Click below to open the application and then choose to open the file using Adobe Acrobat. Fill out the application and save it to your computer.
You will need to send in the application, your resume (if you have one; it is ok if you do not), and a copy of your My Mocs Degree.
You may then submit the three parts electronically to Dr. Hunter Holzhauer or print it out and hand deliver it to Jewell Chason, the Administrative Assistant
for the Finance Department, in Fletcher Hall 417.
2. Applicants will receive a follow-up email requesting completion of a time availability poll for the Spring 2017 semester.
3. Qualified applicants are short-listed for personal interviews with Dr. Hunter Holzhauer before the final selection of student managers are announced.
Important Application Dates:
- The application process for the SMILE Fund opens September 10, 2016.
- The application deadline for the SMILE Fund is 4 p.m., October 14, 2016.
- Interviews will be scheduled with applicants mid October 2016.
- Final selections will be announced.