SouthEast Bank Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen
The SouthEast Bank Scholars Program recognizes and rewards outstanding students seeking higher education in Tennessee. This program underwrites tuition expenses for qualified incoming freshmen and provides $5,000 each academic year per student. The scholarship is renewable for three years beyond the initial award.
Students who have received this award are a prestigious group of scholars from Tennessee who are selected based their exceptional character and academic achievement. In addition to meeting the minimum criteria of achieving a 3.25 high school grade point average or a 23 ACT score, students must also demonstrate financial need and a high level of community involvement. This scholarship is generously funded by SouthEast Bank, which operates banking offices throughout the regions of East and Middle Tennessee.
How to Apply
The application for this scholarship is an editable PDF. Click on the scholarship application and then choose to open the file using Adobe Acrobat. Fill out the scholarship application and save it to your computer. Then, email the form (and any essays, documentation or other materials required) to email@example.com. Please use the name SouthEast Bank Scholarship as the subject line of your email and make sure all the necessary documents (essays, resume, MyMocsDegee information) are included.
The SouthEast Bank Scholarship is open to incoming freshmen who enter UTC in Fall
2016, and who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Tennessee resident
- Must demonstrate a financial need per FAFSA (FAFSA should be on file with UTC Financial Aid by April 15, 2016.
- Must be enrolled at the College of Business (preference will be given to students with an interest in Accounting and Finance).
- Must have an ACT score of 23 or above or a high school GPA of 3.25 (official exam results should be on file with UTC Admissions Office.
- Should demonstrate community service and leadership.
Scholarship funding will continue for three additional years provided students:
- Remain enrolled as a student majoring in Business.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Remain in good standing with the college and the university.
SouthEast Bank Scholarship Application