MBA Classes at Volkswagen Academy
Long before Volkswagen arrived in Chattanooga, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga proudly played a role in recruiting the car company to the River City. This educational partnership produced another exciting opportunity: beginning in fall 2012, all qualified applicants, incoming and current UTC students, were invited to pursue classes toward a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree at the Volkswagen Academy.
- Four MBA classes are offered in each fall, spring and summer semester—a total of 12 classes each year of this satellite degree program.
- Classes are generally offered from 5:30-8 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Each class meets one evening per week.
- Most part-time MBA students take two classes per semester, attending two evenings per week.
The UTC MBA program requires the following:
- Eight core classes in management, marketing, accounting, finance, strategy and entrepreneurship
- Four electives in any of the business disciplines
- Non-business undergraduate majors may have to take up to four additional background courses.
Students will be able to complete any required background courses and the eight core MBA classes at Volkswagen. Students may take electives on the main UTC campus.
Application Process & Deadline
- Students who are not currently enrolled in the UTC MBA program and are interested in applying for the fall 2013 semester classes at Volkswagen Academy should begin the process by May.
- After application is made to UTC, prospective students will have six to eight weeks to prepare for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).