INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
Cross-Cultural Management in Spain
- INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Randy Evans, Associate Professor of Management, UTC College Of Business
- STUDY TRIP: March 10- 19, 2017 (Tentative)
- COURSE MEETING TIMES: Study trip dates listed above and at least one Saturday before and after the trip.
- Undergraduate Business Students- 3 credit-hour course (MGT 4950) that counts as a general business elective or towards the international business course requirement
- Graduate Business Students- 3-credit hour course (MGT 5000) that counts as MBA or MAcc elective
- Students Outside of College of Business- Graduate students sign up for MGT 5000 and undergraduate students sign up for MGT 4950. Check with your major advisor for more information about how this course could count towards your major or program's curriculum requirements. If your advisor or graduate coordinator needs a copy of the course syllabus, contact Elizabeth-Bell@utc.edu.
PREREQUISITES (no prior business coursework required):
- Undergraduate Students- 1) Open to any major with at least junior standing, 2) 2.5 minimum GPA
- Graduates Students- 3.0 minimum GPA
- No Spanish language knowledge needed.
BUSINESS & CULTURAL TRIPS:
- Business visits in Barcelona, Spain
- 8 night stay in Barcelona
- Guided cultural tours in the following cities:
- Barcelona (Full day guided city tour)
- Barcelona City tour includes guided tours of the Barri Gothic, Barcelona Cathedral, and Sagrada Familia as well as a guided walking tour of Quadrat d'Or with a visit to Parc Guell.
- Figueres & Cadaques (Full day excursion)
- Figueres- Birthplace of Salvador Dali and home to the world-famous Dali Museum-Theatre. Visit the surrealistic exprience of the Dali musuem. Inside is a world of fantasy mixed with architecture mixed with paintings and sculptures.
- Cadaques- Beautiful coastal village famous for its white-washed Mediterranean houses, narrow shady streets, and sandy bay. This is one one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava. But what really stands out for many people is the dramatic drive there, which offers some of the best views in the whole of Catalunya.
- Montserrat (Full day excursion)
- Ride a cable car to and then take a tour of the Montserrat Monastery followed by a visit to the Museum of Montserrat.
- Program fee (estimated at $2400)- covers lodging, breakfasts, two group dinners, local transportation, tour guide, tours and associated admission fees, Spain airport transfers, hotel wi-fi access
- Airfare- (estimated $1900 round-trip from Atlanta to Berlin)
- Cost of three-hour credit course (Because of the UTC tuition cap, if you are already scheduled to take 12 undergraduate hours or nine graduate hours in the spring, you wouldn’t have to pay for this course’s credit hours.)
- Financial aid can be used to help pay these related course costs. In addition, eligible students may be able to apply for scholarships to assist with the cost of the course.
STUDY TRIP CALENDAR (Subject to change)
|FRIDAY, March 10||
Depart USA for Barcelona
|SATURDAY, March 11||
|SUNDAY, March 12||Barcelona City Tour|
|MONDAY, March 13||Full day trip to Montserrat, Spain|
|TUESDAY, March 14||Full day trip to Fiqueres, Spain & Cadaques, Spain|
|WEDNESDAY, March 15||Full day of business visits in Barcelona|
|THURSDAY, March 16||Full day of business visits in Barcelona|
|FRIDAY, March 17||
|SATURDAY, March 18||
|SUNDAY, March 19||Depart Barcelona for USA|
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- College of Business Graduate & International Programs Office- Elizabeth-Bell@utc.edu
- Course instructor- Dr. Randy Evans- Randy-Evans@utc.edu
To Be Considered for this Course: Submit an application to Elizabeth-Bell@utc.edu
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR COURSE: Monday, October 17