UTC Summer 2017 in Paris Study Program
July 1-31, 2017
- PROGRAM INSTRUCTORS:
- Dr. Michael Bonnal, UTC College Of Business
- Dr. Casey Casebier, UTC Modern & Classical Languages & Literatures Program
- STUDY TRIP: July 1-31, 2017
- Undergraduate Students- 6-12 credit hours with course options in Business, General Education, and/or French
- PROGRAM INSTRUCTORS:
The UTC Summer in Paris Program is being taught in partnership with ESCE International Business School in Paris. It is an ideal experience for students who want their first study abroad experience or those who are unable to study abroad for a semester. It combines classroom work, local excursions, and first-hand study of the culture and civilization of the capital of France. The program includes faculty-led tours of churches, museums, monuments, neighborhoods, markets, and government institutions.
APPLICATION CRITERIA & COURSE PREREQUISITES:
1) Open to any UTC undergraduate major who has a 2.5 minimum GPA and is in good academic standing
2) No French or other foreign language needed.
3) No course prerequisites for classes offered in the program.
COURSE OPTIONS (All are three-credit hour courses taught in English unless noted otherwise below):
- ECON 1010: Principles of Macroeconomics (with emphasis on France & the European Union)- Dr. Bonnal
- ECON 4999: Europe's Financial Crisis and Consequences for the World- Dr. Bonnal
- MLNG 1500: World Cinema: Paris Between Dream & Reality- Dr. Casebier
- FREN 3240: French Cinema: Paris Between Dream & Reality (Taught in French.)- Dr. Casebier
- French Language Course (Taught in French but no French language experience required.)- taught by ESCE International Business School in Paris
- French Culture Course (Can be taken in English or French.)- taught by ESCE International Business School in Paris
- Fashion & Luxury Goods Marketing- taught by ESCE International Business School in Paris
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (for courses listed above):
Students will be housed at the Fondation des Etas-Unis in Cite Universitaire in the heart of Paris and near both city center and the ESCE International School of Business. Students will have their own individual bedrooms and access to shared kitchens, bathrooms, study rooms, and laundry facilities.
- Program fee - TBA
- Airfare- TBA
- Cost for UTC Course Credits
- Students will provide their own round-trip airfare, meals, and local transportation. Not included in program fee.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Financial Aid: may be used to help pay these related course costs.
- Program Scholarships:
College of Business Majors- May apply for a $500 scholarship from the UTC College of Business & a scholarship from the Scott L. Probasco, Jr. Chair of Free Enterprise. For more information, contact Dr. Michael Bonnal (Michael-Bonnal@utc.edu).
French Majors & Minors- May apply for the Sturzer Scholarship ($1000) and/or the 2017 Summer Study Abroad Scholarships ($500). For more information, contact Dr. Casey Casebier (Karen-Casebier@utc.edu)
Qualifying students of ANY major or minor- May apply for a UTC Equity & Diversity Scholarship
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
APPLYING FOR PROGRAM
To be considered for this program, submit the following application by February 15, 2017: