Background Courses* (12 hours)
- ECON 5010 - Concepts in Economics (Equivalent to undergraduate Microeconomics and Macroeconomics)
- MGT 5710 - Business Statistics (Equivalent to undergraduate Business Statistics I & II)
- ACC 5720 - Foundations of Accounting (Equivalent undergraduate Principles of Accounting I & II)
- BUS 5730 - Legal Environment and Ethics (Equivalent to undergraduate Legal Environment of
If students enter the MBA program without the necessary undergraduate business course prerequisites, they will have one or more of the 12 hours of coursework above added to their MBA program requirements. As a result, applicants don't need to take the MBA prerequisites on the undergraduate level before applying for or beginning the MBA program.
Note: MBA background course are prerequisites to the MBA program and cannot be used toward MBA or MAcc elective requirements.
Core Courses (18 hours)
- MGT 5810 Management of Information Systems (can substitute BACC 536)
- FIN 5820 Financial Management
- MGT 5830 Production and Operations Management
- MGT 5840 Management Skills
- ACC 5850 Managerial Accounting
- MKT 5860 Marketing Management
Elective Courses (12 hours)
- 4 Elective Courses (to be approved by adviser)
Capstone Courses** (6 hours)
- MGT 5870 Strategic Management
- ETR 5880 Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
Please see the current graduate catalog for descriptions and prerequisite requirements of all classes listed above.
* Only prior coursework is considered in the waiving of the above courses. In order for the courses to be waived, students must have earned a C or better from an AACSB accredited school and a B or better from a non-AACSB accredited school.
** Capstone courses must be completed during the final 9 hours of coursework and all six MBA core classes are prerequisites for them.