MAcc 4+1 Program
(Beginning Fall 2015)
The MAcc 4+1 Program
4 years of undergraduate study as a UTC accounting major
1 year of graduate study as a UTC MAcc student
results in accomplishing the following in five years:
-completing a bachelor's degree and master's degree in accounting
-meeting the 150-hour requirement for CPA certification
-preparing for and taking the CPA exam.
MAcc 4+1 Program Advantages
- Complete a bachelor's degree and master's degree in accounting from UTC and meet the 150-hour requirement for CPA certification efficiently within five years.
- Waive the GMAT/GRE requirement for admission to the graduate MAcc degree program.
- Take up to nine credit hours of graduate coursework early while completing the undergraduate degree.
- Only open to UTC undergraduate accounting majors meeting program eligibility criteria.
MAcc 4+1 Program Timeline
|2nd SEMESTER JUNIOR YEAR||SENIOR YEAR||MAcc GRADUATE YEAR|
MAcc 4+1 Program Eligibility & Continuation Requirements
MAcc 4+1 Program Eligibility Requirements
(for admission to the MAcc 4+1 Program)
MAcc 4+1 Program Continuation Requirements
(to maintain eligibility & remain in the MAcc 4+1 Program)
Progress will be evaluated by the graduate advisor at the end of each semester in the undergraduate student's senior year. Students who fail to meet the maintenance criteria listed above will be disqualified from the MAcc 4+1 Program. However, such students may apply to enter UTC's MAcc program through the normal admissions procedures, including the submission of GMAT/GRE scores.
MAcc 4+1 Application Requirements & Process
Along with the 4+1 application, submit the following to the UTC College of Business Graduate Programs Office (see linked application below for further instructions):
MAcc 4+1 application
- Application Form (Use one of linked applications below.)
- Letter of interest/Statement of purpose
- Two faculty recommendations (at least one of which must be from a UTC Accounting Department faculty member)