Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure
Tenure and promotion are obviously significant milestones in the life of a faculty member on a university campus. And annual performance evaluation is no less important as a time for faculty to receive honest and candid feedback on teaching and advising, service, scholarship and/or creative activity. We pride ourselves, at the department level and in the Dean's office, on recruiting first rate teachers and scholars. Indeed, we all share a vested interest in the success of our colleagues.
Junior faculty from across the College of Arts and Sciences are invited to attend a series of Fall semester brown bag lunch meetings where we shall discuss issues related to tenure and promotion, e.g., seeking out and/or working with a faculty mentor, seeking clarification on tenure and promotion guidelines within your department, documenting your work (teaching and advising effectiveness, service, scholarship, creative work, etc.), organizing tenure and promotion materials, and more. Dates and times for these brown bag lunch meetings are as follows. Location: Holt 118 (Dean's Conference Room).
Monday, September 15th (11:30-12:30) and Tuesday, September 16th (12:15-1:15)
Monday, September 22nd (11:30-12:30) and Tuesday, September 23rd (12:15-1:15)
Monday, October 13th (11:30-12:30) and Tuesday, October 14th (12:15-1:15)
Thursday, October 16th (3:00-4:00) and Friday, October 17th (2:00-3:00)
Monday, October 27th (11:30-12:30) and Tuesday, October 28th (12:15-1:15)
- Faculty Handbook, Chapter 3 (Appointment, Evaluation, Promotion, Tenure, and Termination)
- College of Arts and Sciences Promotion and Tenure Guidelines (including external reviewer policy)
- External Review Sample Letter of Request
- Reappointment Deadlines
- Promotion and Tenure Deadlines
- Department Bylaws (available within the individual departments; faculty members should request departmental bylaws from their department head or from their faculty mentor)