Administration and Faculty
The University of Tennessee
Board of Trustees
- Legal Title: The University of Tennessee
- The Governor of Tennessee, Ex-Officio
- The Commissioner of Education, Ex-Officio
- The Commissioner of Agriculture, Ex-Officio
- The President of the University, Ex-Officio
- The Executive Director, Tennessee Higher
- Education Commission, Ex-Officio
From Congressional Districts
- First-Lynn Johnson, Kingsport
- Second-William B. Stokely III, Knoxville
- Third-John C. Thornton, Chattanooga
- Fourth-Don C. Stansberry Jr., Huntsville
- Fifth-James L. Murphy III, Nashville
- Sixth-Andrea Loughrey, Murfreesboro
- Seventh-Waymon Hickman, Columbia
- Eighth-Jerry L. Jackson, Dyersburg
- Ninth-Johnnie D. Amonette, Memphis
From Anderson, Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Lincoln, Moore, and Warren Counties
- J. Steven Ennis
From Davidson County
- R. Clayton McWhorter
From Hamilton County
- James L. Bucky Wolford
From Knox County
- James A. Haslam II
- Susan Richardson Williams
From Shelby County
- Rhynette N. Hurd
From Weakley County
- Barbara C. Castleman
- Lauren Brannon
- Susan Vickerstaff
Officers of the Board
- Governor Phil Bredesen, Chairman
- R. Clayton McWhorter, Vice-Chairman
Administration and Service
- John Petersen, B.S., Ph.D. President
- Dr. William F. Owen, Jr. Interim Vice President for Health Affairs and Chancellor, Health Science Center
- Buddy Mitchell Interim Vice President for Agriculture
- Loren Crabtree, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. Chancellor Knoxville Campus
- Fred D. Tompkins, B.S., M.S., Ph.D. Interim Vice President of Research
- Jack E. Williams, B.S. Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs
- Catherine S. Mizell, B.A, J.D. Vice President and General Counsel
- Charles M. Peccolo Jr., B.S., M.Acc., C.P.A., C.C.M. Vice President and Treasurer
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Frederick W. Obear, B.S., Ph.D., D.H.L. Interim Chancellor
- John Friedl, B.A., M.A., Ph.D., J.D. Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Richard Brown, B.S., M.S. Vice Chancellor for Operations and Finance
- Robert E. Lyon, B.A., M.Ed. Vice Chancellor for University Advancement
- Mary Lynn Williamson, B.A., M.A., M.Ed., Ph.D. Vice Chancellor for Student Development
- Barbara A. Wofford, B.S., M.Ed., Ed.D., Ed.S. Director of Affirmative Action
- Deborah E. Arfken, B.A., M.A., Ed.D. Dean of the Graduate School
- Richard Casavant, B.A., M.B.A., Ph.D. Dean of the College of Business Administration
- J. Ronald Bailey, B.S.M.E., M.Sc., Ph.D. Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Herbert Burhenn, Jr., A.B., M.Phil., Ph.D. Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Mary Tanner, B.S., M.Ed., Ph.D. Dean of the College of Health, Education and Applied Professional Studies
- Yancy Freeman, Director, M.P.A., The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Margaret Daniel, Coordinator, B.S., The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Vanasia Parks, Assistant Vice Chancellor, B.S., The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Nelda Orth, Bursar, B.A., Covenant College.
- Jonathan Looney, Director, M.P.A., The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Steven Hood, Director, M.P.A., Troy State University
Records and Registration
- Linda Orth, Registrar, M.Ed., The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Ellen Neufeldt, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Development and Dean of Student Life, Ed.D., The University of Tennessee.
- Jim Hicks, Associate Dean of Student Life, M.A., Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
Student Health Service
- Tiundra Love, Director, R.N., C.S., F.N.P., S.A.M.E., University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
The University of Chattanooga Foundation
Board of Trustees
Formerly the Board of Trustees for the University of Chattanooga, this foundation presently manages the Universitys private endowment.
Officers of the Board (2003-2004)
- John C. Stophel, Chairman & President
- Robert Kirk Walker, Vice Chairman & Vice President
- Jerry V. Adams, Treasurer
- Lewis Card, Jr., Secretary
- Phil B. Whitaker, Counsel
- Frederick Obear, Ex-Officio
- Joseph Johnson, Ex-Officio
- Gordon L. Davenport, Jr., Ex-Officio
- Jerry V. Adams
- John R. Anderson
- Lee S. Anderson
- Robert H. Caldwell Sr.
- Margaret Callihan
- Lewis Card, Jr.
- Gary Chazen
- Robert P. Corker, Jr.
- Leland Davenport
- Joseph F. Descosimo
- Roger W. Dickson
- Russell Friberg
- Thomas Griscom
- John P. Guerry
- Zan Guerry
- William S. Harvey
- Clifford L. Hendrix, Jr.
- James L. Hill
- Ruth S. Holmberg
- H. Summerfield Johnston
- James D. Kennedy, Jr.
- Frank J. Kinser
- H. Grant Law
- Thomas A. Lupton, Jr.
- Robert H. Maclellan
- Brenda B. McKenzie
- W. A. Bryan Patten
- Scott L. Probasco, Jr.
- Howard Roddy
- Philip H. Sanford
- Frank Schriner, Jr.
- Frances Smith
- Paul M. Starnes
- Judith F. Stone
- Robert J. Sudderth, Jr.
- William L. Taylor, Jr.
- John C. Thornton
- Joseph Waters
- James L. Wolford
- JoAnn Yates
Alumni Associate Trustees
- Charles L. Pierce
- Betty Quave
- Rick Wood
- Thomas Duff
- Louise C. Griffith
- David A. Lockmiller
- Ray Nation