The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga will serve as a national model for an engaged metropolitan university whose faculty, staff, and students, in collaboration with external partners, employ the intellectual resources of the liberal arts and professional programs to enrich the lives of those we serve.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga interprets the land-grant spirit of service for the 21st century through people, partnerships, and performance:
- We are committed to preparing educated men and women for meaningful and productive lives.
- We educate students for life in a global society.
- We promote and celebrate the diversity of people and ideas.
- We provide reasonable and affordable access to higher education.
- We embrace active and collaborative learning through partnerships among students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- We encourage frequent, respectful, and collegial interaction among students, faculty, staff, and community.
- We provide opportunities for our students to augment intellectual development through participation in artistic, cultural, social, and athletic activities.
- We develop partnerships that strengthen the university and our community.
- We prepare our students and alumni to apply knowledge to the challenges of a changing society.
- We use the interconnected activities of teaching, research, and service to promote learning, problem solving, and innovation.
- We use technology to enhance teaching, research, operations, and community outreach.
- We use our resources in a prudent manner to accomplish our mission.
- We use multiple measures to evaluate the performance of our students, faculty, staff, and programs.