Sample Mock Interview Questions ...
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why have you chosen this particular field?
- What courses did you like best? Least? Why?
- Why did you choose your major and other academic pursuits?
- I would like to begin by having you outline for me any practical experience you have had on previous jobs or others that is related to the profession of ___________________________.
- Being able to learn quickly on the job is important. Tell me about a situation when
you had to pick up an essential skill quickly.
- What was the skill that you had to learn?
- What led to this situation?
- What was the outcome of this situation?
- Wen was the next time you used this skill? Tell me about it?
- Sometimes, demands are placed on new employees that stretch their current knowledge.
There are always times when we wish we knew more than we do. Describe an experience
when you were most frustrated with your knowledge in __________. [Tell me about the
time that you needed to know more.]
- What did you need to know?
- How did you try to find out?
- How long was it before the problem was solved?
- What did your supervisor say about this event?
- What did you do to avoid this problem in the future?
- When was the next time this typo of situation came up?
- What did you do then?
- When you are assigned a difficult task, organization is important. Can you think of
a time when you organized your work effectively in order to meet a deadline?
- What was the task?
- Who assigned it?
- Who was working on it with you?
- What steps did you take to organize the task?
- How did the organization help get the work done?
- Was the task completed on schedule?
- Did you ever receive a comment on your organization? What?
- How often did you follow the steps mentioned when organizing your work?
- Give me an example of a problem you encountered either in school or at work and explain how you solved it.
- We are interested in how you show initiative to go beyond everyday requirements. Give
me an example of when you showed initiative on the job.
- What did you do that was beyond the call of duty?
- What led to you take this initiative?
- What was the outcome of your actions?
- Did you senior say anything about your action? What?
- How often in the past year did you show this kind of initiative?
- Tell me about another time.
- There are always times when things are so busy that your job can be quite hectic.
There are also times when you have little to do. Tell me about the slowest period
in your recent experienced.
- When did this occur?
- What caused the slowdown?
- What did you do during this period?
- What were your co-workers doing during this time?
- Did your senior comment on your efforts? What was said?
- How often did this kind of slow period come up?
- Did you ever handle it differently? What did you do differently that time?
- How do you spend your spare time?
- What are your major strengths / weaknesses?
- Sometimes, we all run into frustrating customers or clients. Tell me about the most
frustrating person that you had to deal with recently.
- What specifically did the person do that was frustrating?
- What did you do to resolve the difficulties this created?
- How did the person react to what you did?
- Tell me about a time when you were able to help improve a work procedure by making
good suggestions to your supervisor or co-worker.
- Where did you get the idea for the suggestions?
- How often were you able to offer this kind of help last year?
- What comments did you receive?
- Even the best of us have disagreement with co-workers from time to time. Describe
the most serious disagreement you've had with a co-worker.
- When did this happen?
- What led to the disagreement?
- How did you first approach solving the disagreement?
- How did the co-worker respond?
- What was the outcome of this disagreement?
- Describe an experience in which you worked as part of a team.
- Describe your best / worst boss.
- In general, what do you consider your strengths to be in _____________?
- What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
- What have been your most satisfying and most disappointing experiences?
- Explain how your past work experiences will aid you in the profession of ________________?
- There are many qualified individuals applying for a limited number of positions. What can you tell me that would make you stand out among the rest?
- Why do you feel you would be successful in ________________?
- Where do you see yourself in three years?
- What are your long-term goals? Where do you hope to be in ten years?
- Usually, at the end of the interview, the interviewer will ask if you have any questions for him or her. What questions would you ask?