This program is designed to grow students’ professional skills by covering all areas of professional growth including:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and Vitae Design
- Networking Skills
- Interview Techniques
- Professional Image
- Successful Career Event Participation
Benefits of Participation
- Develops professional skills
- Helps a student to become more employable
- Contributes to a student’s resume
- Qualifies for Think Achieve points (for undergraduate students only)
- Complete basic pre-test to gauge confidence level in professional skills prior to participating in Professional U
- Schedule and attend appointment for resume review
- Submit resume before and after review
- Schedule and attend appointment for mock interview
- Submit evaluation of interview skills before and after mock interview session
- Attend two Professional Success Series functions
- Pre-Career Day sessions such as employer panels
- Employer Information Sessions/Tables
- Career Center workshops
- Submit evaluation of knowledge level of topic/employer before and after Professional Success Series functions
- Attend Fall and/or Spring Career Day for all majors
- Submit information sheet examining ten Career Day employers due at Career Day check-in
- Send three thank-you emails to employers after Career Day (cc Career Center)
- Complete basic post-test to gauge confidence level in professional skills after completing Professional U
Students must document utilization of these programs and services with the Career Center in order to receive a Professional U Certificate.
Professional U is for all current UTC students
- Freshmen through Graduate students have the ability to participate in Professional U.
- While it is possible to accomplish all tasks within one Fall or Spring semester, there is no set timeline to complete the Professional U program.
- Students may complete portions of the program over the course of multiple semesters, but will only receive a Professional U certificate when all program requirements are met.
For Participation Instructions:
- Call (423) 425-4184
- Visit UC Room 315.
Are U Ready? They Are.
Who are "They?"
- Potential employers
- Classmates with developed professional skills
- Competing students from other schools
- Experienced workforce professionals