Summer Jobs & Internships
5/29/15…………..Sales/Marketing Interns – Chattanooga Exteriors
Chattanooga Exteriors is looking for qualified interns to join our sales/marketing team. We are a driven, energetic team whose sales are taking off, and we’re in search of a student with the combination of initiative, organizational skills, and sales know-how to help us grow.
The group of interns will work closely with our Marketing Coordinator while canvassing around Chattanooga. If you are interested in sales/marketing you should apply! This is a paid internship and the position will be held from summer into the middle of fall semester.
If you are interested, please email all resumes to Jessica Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great opportunity that could turn into full time employment. These can be either summer of full-time depending on the student’s schedule. If we and a candidate agreed to start working together, we’d work with their schedule. Ideally all year, but if they could only work in the summer due to classes we’d work that out. Or if their schedule changed during the school year we are flexible as well.
- We pay $10 to $15 per hour.
- Flexible hours.
- Fun, dynamic environment
- Hands on development experience.
Our interest is in:
- Web designers
- Web programmers
5/13/15………..Internships at Electric Power Board
I need an intern in our Communications Department and I need one in our Community Development Department.
Our interns work 20 hours per week and are paid $15.00/ hour. Over breaks they can work 40 hours.
Interested students should email their resumes to email@example.com
5/11/15…………….Math Tutor Needed
I am looking for someone to come this summer to our North Chattanooga home to tutor my soon to be 5th grader boy and soon to be 2nd grader girl in 5th grade math and 2nd grade math. Prefer junior and senior education majors/ PDS students.
They go to Normal Park, would be nice to be able to get a hold of the curriculum or something similar to that – likely 1 day a week 45 minutes each $15 for the 45 minutes.
I also have a 4year old that I am interested in having someone teach numbers, letters, sounds, start on reading- probably 30 minutes. They all have camps but typically will be home after 4 pm.
Must have experience in some type of tutoring.
This job may also go into the school year, I had someone coming after school Thursday to help with the homework as well.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can also text Helen at (423) 991-6614
5/8/15………….Summer 2015 Internship with Chattanooga Housing Authority’s You're Onward and Upward (YOU) Program.
The program begins on June 1st and ends July 24th. The internship would be roughly 20 hours a week with compensation of a $1,000 stipend.
Prospective applicants should be at the junior or senior level, with a major related to either Education or Social Work.
The main duties of this internship would be to help me manage a class of 17 participants; being flexible and creative is a must!
Because the program is only seven weeks, this may not be enough to fulfill credit requirements for classes, but rather a unique experience to work with high school aged youth with socioeconomic struggles, and a great addition to any resume. We have a jam-packed schedule filled with a variety of educational activities; this will not be an internship where a student sits behind a desk all summer!
A full program description can be found HERE.
Interested applicants can send their resumes to email@example.com
5/7/15…………TEMPORARY/SEASONAL SUMMER JOBS & INTERNSHIP – Williamson County Parks & Rec
- Pool Cashiers - Williamson County Parks and Recreation is seeking outdoor pool cashiers for locations in Fairview, Franklin, Nolensville and Spring Hill. Customer service related positions. Job responsibilities include; but are not limited to: greeting patrons and /or answering phone; providing department information; collecting admission(s), processing payments, verifying scan cards and completing financial reports; reporting daily patron counts; making public address announcements, as needed; and helping with general office area cleanliness. Day and evening hours; week day and weekend hours required. $8.00 per hour. Cashier applicants must be at least 16 years of age. Background check required.
- Pool Positions - Williamson County Parks and Recreation is seeking lifeguards for locations in Brentwood, Fairview, Franklin, Nolensville and Spring Hill. Positions involve maintaining the safety of patrons and swimmers including water surveillance and rule enforcement, plus rescues and first aide when required; as well as, vacuuming and cleaning pool, cleaning facilities, completing daily reports and in-service training to maintain lifeguard skills. Lifeguard applicants must be certified and at least 15 years of age. Background check required.
- Sport Officials - Williamson County Parks and Recreation is seeking qualified sport officials. Applicants must attend mandatory training sessions yearly in order to be certified. Background checks required.
- Therapeutic Summer Day Camp - Williamson County Parks and Recreation is seeking recreation, art, music and dance therapists; nurses and counselors for a 7 week day camp for children and young adults with disabilities. Therapist positions involve planning and facilitating therapy groups; assisting with behavioral management, as needed; promoting a safe and fun environment; and other duties as assigned. Counselor positions are directly responsible for the care of campers including feeding and making sure medical and all other protocol are followed, as necessary; assisting with behavioral management, as needed; promoting a safe and fun environment; maintaining a clean work area at all times; and other duties as assigned. Students majoring in Recreation Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Special Education, Nursing, Social Work or other helping professions encouraged to apply. Applicants must be age 18 or older. Background check required.
To apply contact the Williamson County Government Human Resources Department at (615)591-8504 or visit http://www.williamsoncounty-tn.gov/jobs.aspx. Williamson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
5/6/15………Swimming Instructors - Aqua-Tots
Local Swim School is looking for swimming instructors. You must enjoy working with children, from the age of 4 months to 12 years. If you are an outgoing, fun-loving person with swimming experience, we would love to talk with you. Would you like to have the opportunity to be part of teaching these kiddos the lifesaving skill of swimming that they will use throughout their lives? Availability to work SATURDAYS is a MUST.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
5/6/15…………..Saturday Morning Childcare
The Well on the Southside (www.wellonthesouthside.com) needs 4 ladies to provide child care during our church service Saturday mornings starting as soon as possible. This would be during the summer specifically, with the possibility of back-up care during the next school year.
Pay is $25 for 1-2 hours between 11am and 1pm at the latest, for children between 0-6 years old. Must be responsible, reliable, and pass a background check and child care training.
Please contact Alissa Greenwald at email@example.com or 440-525-1427 with interest and availability to meet.
We are a Chattanooga studio needing to fill photographer positions for the summer. Experience is not necessary but preferred; people skills and a basic knowledge of camera operations are helpful.
Flexible hours Monday thru Saturday, 20 to 40 hours a week. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Apply by sending letter of interest and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
5/5/15……….Work as a Brand Ambassador, Sign Spinner or DJ with A La CarteMarketing!
Looking for part-time work or need to earn extra money? A La Carte Marketing gives people the opportunity to make their own schedule without interfering with other obligations. We are a company partnered with the mobile phone company metroPCS looking to hire in Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Mobile, and Huntsville, AL to work promotional events for $15-$75 per hour. Will train eligible candidates!!!
Must have these qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- Reliable Transportation
- Access to the Internet
- Smartphone with Internet Access
- Outgoing personality and good personality skills
- DJs-must have own equipment including table,2 speakers w/stands, and a microphone.
Please email email@example.com with your:
- Full name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- City of residence
- Resume or related experience
- T-shirt size
Please check out our website at www.alacartemktg.com
5/5/15…….. Snack bar attendant at Moccasin Bend Golf Club
Minimum wage plus tips
Apply in person at the pro shop at Moccasin Bend Golf Club, 381 Moccasin Bend Road
4/30/15……….Summer 2015 Student Worker for the UTC Records Office, Office of Veterans Affairs
JOB DESCRIPTION: The VA work-study position will consist of assisting the Veteran Affairs School Certifying Official with performing office functions specifically related to the VA enrollment process and the maintenance of VA student records.
As a VA work-study recipient, the VA contracts directly with you to provide service to veterans, reservists, and dependents at a VA approved work site.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE ?
The VA work-study allowance is available to persons training under the following programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
- REAP Participants
- Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
- Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
- Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)
VA will select students for the work-study program based on different factors.
If you're a full-time or 3/4-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Maintain coverage in the Records Office, Office of Veteran Affairs to assist students as they come in to the office for questions, receive or turn in VA documentation.
- Direct students to the appropriate office to assist them further with their needs on campus as a student.
- Assisting new students by providing information regarding to the benefits and documents required to begin using their VA educational benefits.
- Assist new students with completing their application for educational benefits online.
- Provide required documentation to students to complete for their file.
- Monitor student’s records.
- Assist with review and monitoring files verifying student’s enrollment each term.
- File all documents after they are complete.
- Shred documents no longer required to maintain in the office.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Office of Veteran Affairs web page.
- Assist with mass mailings to VA students.
- Ensure filing materials are maintained and organized.
HOURLY WAGE: equal to the Federal minimum wage or your State minimum wage, whichever is greater.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact the Coordinator of Veteran and Military Student Services, Squoia Holmes at Squoia-Holmes@utc.edu for information on how to apply.
4/29/15…………Jewelry Concession at Rock City
This job begins the first of May and would run through Labor Day. It would be 4 days a week overseeing a jewelry concessionaire completely apart from Rock City employment but on property at Rock City. It is above average pay, very nice environment. It is outside in a marketplace patio area.
Call 865-216-4921 for appointment. Contact name Guy Douglas
4/28/15…….Summer Internships in Knoxville, Nashville & Memphis Available
If you are interested in employment with First Tennessee, please visit our web site at www.fhncareers.com
The following 4 steps will help you narrow your search:
- Click: ‘Job Search.”
- Type the city you wish to work in into the ‘City’ field and click ENTER.
- Click on a Job Title to see a brief job description and link to apply for that position.
- Please save your “email address” and “password” for future access to your application.
4/24/15………..Family/Small Business Assistant Needed
We are in search of a motivated, responsible, and reliable person to fill a part-time position ASAP. The candidate will need to be able to work through the summer and can expect weekly hours ranging from 15-30 hours with weekend availability a must.
Day-to-day tasks include childcare for 9 month old, helping run errands, helping with household/business cleaning and organizing, and filling in the remainder of the hours for two different businesses (retail sales and paddle board rentals). Hourly pay is $10.
All interested applicants email your cover letter and resume to: AmandaGreen84@yahoo.com.
Priority will be given to candidates who have past childcare experience and have CPR/First Aid certification. References and background check will be conducted.
4/22/15………..Software Engineering Intern
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks 2 interns who wishes to apply his/her talents to assist engineers in the application of Object Oriented design principles in data monitoring for the electric power industry. This internship is located in Chattanooga, TN. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer. If you are an enthusiastic team player who wishes to apply your academic knowledge to assist our engineers immediately and is currently attending college or the university majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, we invite you to apply now!
SEL was founded in 1982 when Dr. Edmund O. Schweitzer, III, invented the first all-digital protective relay, reducing the cost and complexity of power protection and revolutionizing the electric power industry.Today, SEL provides products, solutions, and services in 144 countries, employs approximately 3,700 people worldwide, and is 100 percent employee-owned.
- Design and execute functional test cases to ensure that SEL software to meet specifications and engineering requirements.
- Document and communicate test results using spreadsheets, database programs, and CASE tools.
- Provide support to engineering staff as needed.
- Follow engineering quality assurance procedures.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years' undergraduate studies in electrical engineering, computer science, or equivalent
To apply: Please visit our website and apply directly to:
4/21/15………..Basketball Camp Referee
We are looking for basketball players or students with high school basketball playing experience who would like to referee a basketball camp in Red Bank Tn.
Dates are: June 9-11 games starting at 9:00a.m.
We only need 6 spots filled!!
The pay is $50.00 at day for 3 days ($150.00 all three days) ( $50.00 bonus if you student is on time and present each day)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
4/21/15………Summer 2015 UTC Phonathon Caller
The UTC Phonathon is an integral part of the university’s fundraising and alumni relations effort. This program is a great way to show your love of UTC and to make a direct impact on the campus. Our Phonathon callers contact UTC alumni and donors and encourage them to contribute to the university, wherever they feel most passionate about. These funds can be used for scholarships, financial aid, student and faculty research projects, study abroad expenses, and many other programs not funded by tuition. Phonathon callers also update alumni demographics, as well as inform them about campus and answer any questions they may have about UTC.
As a UTC Phonathon caller, you will be responsible for calling UTC alumni and donors to ask for monetary support that will benefit all programs within the university. This is a UT Foundation position and will require a mandatory two-day training program prior to their first calling session.
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Positive attitude and self-motivation;
- Dependable and punctual;
- Competitive spirit;
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- Respond to e-mails in a timely manner;
- Attend mandatory training sessions;
- Capable of working the same schedule all semester.
- During calls, callers are responsible for:
- Collecting and updating constituent demographic information;
- Develop positive relationships with all those contacted;
- Knowledge of current events and achievements around the university, from construction projects to rankings on academic listings;
- Soliciting funds for various areas around campus;
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
Monday – Thursday 6-9 p.m., with the possible opportunity to work weekday afternoons from 2-4:30 p.m. You are required to work at least two shifts during the week. Callers looking for extra hours may have the opportunity to sign up for extra calling shifts. This is a part-time position that can offer 10-20 hours per week.
Contact Kelly Rhoades by e-mail at email@example.com or stop by the Development House for an application.
4/16/15………..Summer 2015 Environmental Engineering/Environmental Science Internship at Environmental 360 in Murfreesboro, TN
Environmental 360, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm with locations throughout the southeastern US providing environmental, health and safety, and natural resource consulting services to clients across the United States. Team members of Environmental 360 possess some of the best values, character, and work ethic in our field. Team members are expected to be motivated and self-starters. We believe in delivering cost-effective, turnkey projects that provide peace of mind to our clients.
Environmental 360 is seeking an intern for the summer months of 2015 to primarily work out of the Murfreesboro, TN corporate office. The prospective candidate must be pursuing an environmental engineering, environmental science, or related degree. This intern position will assist all the project managers at Environmental 360 with environmental compliance projects. This position will also be responsible for assisting the project managers with technical engineering report writing. Some travel may be required.
Persons interested in this position must have the following:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Post-secondary education in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related field
- Able to adhere to the admission requirements of specific sites
- Effectively follow safety procedures of Environmental 360 and specific sites
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
Qualified applicants can email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at WWW.ENVIRONMENTAL360.COM.
4/16/15………..2015 Fall Internships at River City Sports
With the summer and fall class registration period in full swing, consider an internship opportunity with River City Sports, Hamilton County's premier high school sports coverage provider.
- 2015 Fall Internship: Mid-August – Mid December (or hours of completion)
- Staff Writer - Write/publish expert analysis of sports-related topics before, during, or after a sporting event. Accumulate exclusive information, interviews and insight into the area's high school sports teams.
- Photographer - Will assist writers by attending various sporting events capturing professional images of athletes for publications and social media purposes.
- Public Relations Specialist – will represent the RCS by building relationships through community engagement. (further details will be discussed at the time of the applicants interview)
Applicants with real-life experience in sports and/or experience with photography and video editing experience will have precedence.
Pay: Stipend (wage depends on experience)
Schedule: 10-15 hours per week (can work around student’s schedule)
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and two references to, email@example.com
4/15/15……..Seasonal Gift Shop Sales Associate – TN Aquarium
Description: General cashiering duties and sales transaction accounting; assisting shop customers; stocking and straightening merchandise and related inventory duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: Two years cashiering experience preferred; a friendly and open manner with people; capacity to work well under pressure and availability to work a flexible schedule beginning mid-March through mid-August. Weekends and some weekdays required.
4/13/15..............Harrison Bay State Park Summer Positions
Harrison Bay State Park is looking for professional candidates for various summer seasonal positions in the park. Applicants must have reliable transportation, be of good character, and be willing to work weekends, and holidays as needed during their employment. Positions fill fast, and earlier applicants with completed paperwork will be given consideration. These positions are seasonal.
- Lifeguard - Must have or obtain necessary certifications (lifeguard, Red Cross first aid, and 02 administration). This position is responsible for supervising swimmers, maintaining the pool area, providing a safe environment for the public, and providing emergency care as needed.
- Laborer - Assists full time maintenance workers, by performing tasks associated with park upkeep. These tasks include lawn care, and grounds keeping duties, trash pickup, and a variety of other specific tasks, as they arise.
- Concession Stand Worker - Operates a retail location that sells snacks, and pool tickets. Cleans restrooms in concession stand, and performs customer service related tasks.
- Gas Dock Attendant - Operates a retail location that sells snacks, and gasoline to boaters, and performs maintenance on the marina, and office as needed.
All positions must turn in applications at the main park office located at the entrance of the park (423-344-6214). All application packets require a valid work reference, and a copy of your drivers license and social security card for identification purposes.
4/8/15………..Lifeguard – Booker T. Washington State Park
Booker T. Washington State Park has several lifeguard positions available. If you are a hard worker, love the outdoors and want to make a difference then this is the job for you!
Lifeguards MUST be strong swimmers and MUST be American Red Cross Lifeguarding certified.
Interested applicants should contact Park Ranger Lynn Wright or Park Ranger Robert Thomas at (423) 322-2712 or (423) 402-6813 as soon as possible.
TVA has the following internships available for Summer 2015:
- SUMMER ENGINEER INTERNSHIP (various locations)
- SUMMER COMPUTER SCIENCE INTERNSHIP (various locations)
- SUMMER BUSINESS INTERNSHIP (various locations)
- SUMMER ACCOUNTING/FINANCE INTERNSHIP (various locations)
To read a full job description and apply online, go to: https://careers.tva.gov/psc/hcmpcg/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL&