Summer Jobs & Internships
12/18/14……….Wilderness Instructors (Summer 2015) - YMCA
The BOLD/GOLD Wilderness School is dedicated to developing multi-cultural leadership skills in diverse groups of gender specific youth through outdoor adventures. Our vision is to create a world where young people have the emotional intelligence, courage, and compassion to be positive multicultural leaders in their communities. In the summer of 2015 we will serve 130 youth on 14 different 4 to 7 day backpacking, rock climbing, mountain biking and canoeing trips. 50% of our students participate on scholarship.
We are currently hiring Wilderness Instructors for this coming summer, 2015. Programs are based out of Chattanooga, TN.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Teach outdoor skills during 4 to 7 day wilderness-based rock climbing, backpacking, canoeing, mountain biking expeditions and to deliver high quality and safe courses
- Create values-forming experiences for self-identified adolescents and work with parents/guardians to provide holistic support for teens and their families
- Support the organization’s overall cultural competency development
- Critical Success Factors and Qualifications:
- Professional instructional experience backpacking, rock climbing, kayaking/canoeing, and/or mountaineering
- Commitment to working with diverse groups
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong group facilitation, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to create an inclusive environment for all participants
- Experience making the transference of a wilderness experience relevant to the everyday lives of urban youth
- Experience facilitating activities addressing issues facing adolescent girls or boys
- Experience leading art, science, and/or environmental education activities
- Trip Leaders: Current W-EMT, WFR; Assistant Instructors: WFA or CPR
- Clear criminal background check; safe driving record
- Instructors must be available for training in the Chattanooga area in mid/late May
- Instructors are in the field during programs
Dates of employment: Summer programs run May 25th-July 31st. Instructors are contracted on a course-by-course basis including paid time for planning and debriefing. Opportunities exist for additional work based on interest and availability. Must be available evenings and weekends.
Instructors DO NOT have to be available for all dates.
Compensation: DOE, $60- $100/day. Benefits with full summer commitment include a YMCA membership, access to pro-deals, and professional development opportunities.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
J A Henry YMCA
301 West 6th St.
Chattanooga, TN 37402
12/15/14…………Summer Camp Counselors – KECamps, Dalton, GA
KE Camps operates day camps at country clubs all across the United States and this summer we will be running a camp at The Dalton Golf and Country Club. A regular day at camp is filled with games, crafts, fun with food, science experiments, lunch, and swimming. Campers are also introduced to tennis and/or golf during the camp day. Every Wednesday is a Wacky Wednesday theme filled day, with themes such as Camp Carnival, A Day at the Zoo, and Lost in Space. We also have Thankful Thursdays where campers participate in a project that will help support a charity. We want our day camps to provide memories that children will keep for a lifetime.
KECamps is actively seeking summer camp counselors for Camp Dalton!
What can be better than working in a beautiful setting and being with kids all day while building your resume and creating wonderful relationships with your co-workers and campers?!
- Ability to work with children to grow in character, experiences and insights
- Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
- Prior experience working with children
- Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Level-Headed, Flexible, and Calm in all situations
- Completed at least one year of college
- Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
- Cooperate with fellow counselors and camp director
- Greet families and campers upon arrival
- Support camp director in establishing rules and emergency procedures with campers
- Participate in all camp activities
- Help out where needed and lead activities when asked to by the camp director
This summer position has a working schedule of 20-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Camp will run 6/8-6/26, 7/6-7/24.
All applicants must also be certified in CPR/First Aid before the start of the summer.
Please refer to www.kecamps.com for exact camp dates before applying – camp counselors must be available for the entire camp season.
Please apply directly online at: http://kecamps.com/jobs
KECamps is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local.
12/11/14…….Activities Counselor – Camp Cody in Freedom, New Hampshire
The Activities Counselor will plan, direct, and implement activities in his or her area of expertise and coordinate the activities into the entire camp program.
- Teach and stimulate the interest of staff and campers in the area of expertise.
- Create lesson plans based on increasing camper competence and skill level in activity area.
- Implement innovative and fun lesson plans and teaching techniques.
- Conduct a regular check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Set up activity area during staff week.
- Submit orders for supplies and equipment during staff week or when needed ensuring the timely arrival of materials.
- Conduct an initial and end of the season inventory and store all equipment properly.
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for equipment or program changes for the next season.
- Work as a member of a team of counselors who provide guidance and support to all campers and staff.
- Plan and prepare for inter-camp sporting events and activities, when applicable.
- Assist with all-camp events, evening programs, trips.
- Complete tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Training, certification, or documented experience in the respective activity.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge of safety practices as applicable to the respective activity.
- Endurance and stamina needed to provide constant programming and supervision to campers.
- Ability to spend long hours teaching area of expertise.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Patience and ability to discipline campers in an appropriate way when necessary.
Compensation Details/Other Benefits:
$250-$400/week; room and board included!
Apply online at https://campcody.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App
11/25/14…………Full-Time Summer Nanny – Signal Mountain
Looking for caring, responsible, experienced full-time nanny to work during the summer: mid-May through beginning of August. Responsibilities are to care for newborn between the hours of 7:00-5:30 with possible care of 3 year old, as needed, at our house on Signal Mountain. Hours are fairly flexible. Someone majoring in early childhood development or nursing is a plus.
A background check will be performed and you must have a clear driving record.
Please send resume and references to SSC4212@gmail.com.
11/20/14……… Advanced Internship with 21st Mortgage – Knoxville, TN
21st Mortgage, a Knoxville based nationwide lender is the leading provider of financing in the manufactured housing industry. Our affiliation with Berkshire-Hathaway will continue to give a level of support few other companies enjoy. Our entry-level position of financial counselor is a training position for all levels of our company. FC’s are not commission-based, are not sales-oriented, and require no specific major. Our ADVANCED INTERNS will be trained to be “FCs”.
21st Mortgage has a history of promoting from within, and because of this, we take special care in hiring all positions. We consider our Financial Counselor "entry-level" position a training one, where you can learn our business and begin to work your way up in our organization. It’s our most recruited position. It is considered "entry-level" because it requires no previous experience, but it is an excellent starting position in this industry for learning the business and understanding our customers. Nearly every manager at 21st who has been promoted within the last ten years has been an FC at some point in his/her career. Financial Counselors learn valuable skills that transfer to all facets of the mortgage industry and prepare those individuals for advancement into higher level positions anywhere.
21st Mortgage is located in the heart of revitalized downtown Knoxville, Tennessee. Knoxville was acknowledged as the number one city for college graduates to begin their careers, according to a national survey completed by the Economic Research Institute. Known for its proximity to some of the country’s greatest natural resources, residents enjoy their leisure time on the many lakes around the Tennessee Valley or the nature trails of the Great Smoky Mountains. Residents also enjoy big time college sports associated with the University of Tennessee and minor league hockey and baseball franchises. Sports not your thing? The numerous theater and performance venues bring all types of entertainment acts to the city.
Step out into the wild real work world, and test drive a career at 21st Mortgage. After our first internship program commenced in the summer of 2014, we decided to start a co-op. We want you to take advantage of becoming a full-time financial counselor with us for an entire semester. Joining us for this rare opportunity will benefit your resume – having full-time experience working your own accounts in a real mortgage company. It will benefit your pocket – having full-time pay with bonus potential every month. It will benefit your brain – receiving a complete understanding of the total workings of a mortgage company while visiting each department at 21st Mortgage. It will benefit your life! Working at 21st Mortgage is a unique experience because of our atmosphere. The people are the number one reason our employees love working here. 21st won’t just benefit your life; it’ll change it.
Interested applicants can apply online at www.21stmortgage.com
11/17/14………….Summer Camp Counselor at Deer Run
Location: Thompson’s Station, TN
We are looking for college-aged students who love Christ, love kids, and have a heart to serve.
Being on summer staff at Deer Run Christian Camps is a unique opportunity to teach, encourage, mentor, guide, and lead children and youth through week-long camp experiences. If you choose Deer Run as your place of ministry for the summer, you will have the ability to positively affect student’s lives for the Kingdom of God. You will also gain unforgettable life experiences and possibly make new, life-long friendships with other staffers.
Applications are online NOW!
For our online application as well as more information about this position, please visit our website: http://deerruncamps.org/
11/14/14…………SUMMER 2015 Internship with Project Transformation Tennessee
Project Transformation Tennessee offers a faith-based summer internship program for young adults. To be eligible, applicants must have completed one year of college or be at least 19 years old.
Interns serving with Project Transformation Tennessee work in teams to plan and implement summer programs for underserved children and youth. In addition to mentoring children and youth during the day, interns live in community together on Belmont University’s campus. Interns also commit one day a week to visit with area service, ministry, non-profit, and business leaders as they explore different careers in service and ministry.
Competitive applicants for Project Transformation’s Summer Internship Program will:
- be highly motivated, self-starters
- possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- enjoy working with children and/or youth
- be open-minded
- have a desire to love and serve others
- be dedicated to living in community with other young adults in a structured environment
Interns receive a $1500 living stipend, as well as room and board, and serve from May 23 –July 25.
Deadline for application is January 15, 2015.
Candidates should submit an application on our website: www.pttennessee.org.
11/12/14………….SUMMER 2015 Sales and Marketing Paid Internship
The AroundCampus Group is the leading campus media and marketing company in the United States. Over the past 41 years, The AroundCampus Group’s media portfolio has been a valuable advertising vehicle for local, regional, and national businesses to engage the campus community. No other company matches AC's history, experience and depth of knowledge in reaching this audience. America's leading campuses know and trust AC's commitment to excellence, integrity in dealings, dedication to students and its unparalleled devotion to customers. Today, The AroundCampus Group is the nation’s finest college-obsessed media and marketing company.
The AroundCampus Group is the leading collegiate media and marketing company in the U.S. As an AroundCampus summer sales intern you will help connect your college campus with the local community by selling advertising that will appear on our award-winning mobile app, website, and in the UT Chat Student Planner.
As a Sales Representative you will:
- Spread the word: You'll be responsible for growing our customer base by consulting with local and national businesses in your college town
- Be out and about: This is NOT a desk job! You will be in the business community prospecting and working hands-on with clients to build the best advertising package for their business
- Work full-time this summer, Monday – Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm
- Be a campus ambassador: Act and think like a market expert for your college community by providing market perspective and advice to your clients
- Attend our week-long, nationally recognized Sales Foundations Academy Training Program at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill campus; all expenses paid
- Develop your interpersonal and professional skills as an individual and in a team setting
- Work closely with a full time Regional Manager to develop sales and marketing skills
- Work in a team sales environment and deliver on both personal and team goals
- Gain a skill set that will set you apart from your peers in today’s job market
We want people who are:
- Confident, driven, competitive and obsessed about their future
- Great listeners who love to work with people
- Goal-oriented people who like working alone as much as they like working with a team
- Willing to constantly learn, improve, and adapt quickly
- Excited about discovering and exploring Chattanooga
- Versatile; building relationships across many verticals
Watch our internship Video at: http://vimeo.com/84900468
Apply online at: http://www.aroundcampusgroup.com/os-apply
11/12/14………..Now accepting applications for U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) 2015 HS-STEM Summer Internships
Application deadline: December 22, 2014
Undergraduate students receive a $6,000 stipend plus travel expenses.
Graduate students receive a $7,000 stipend plus travel expenses.
10-week research experiences are offered at: Argonne, Berkeley, Livermore, Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, Pacific Northwest, and Sandia National Laboratories; as well as at Homeland Security Studies and Analysis Institute, Coast Guard Research and Development Center, Customs and Borders Protection Laboratories and Scientific Services, Domestic Nuclear Detection Office, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Naval Research Laboratory, Engineer Research and Development Center, National Security Technologies Remote Sensing Laboratory, Transportation Security Laboratory, and more.
Areas of research: Engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological / life sciences, environmental science, emergency and incident management, social sciences, and more.
U.S. citizenship required
Detailed information about the internships can be found at: http://www.orau.gov/dhseducation/internships/
11/11/14……….Spring or Summer 2015 Internships and Co-Op Positions in Project Management – Hodges & Hicks
Location: Roswell, GA
Who is Hodges & Hicks?
Hodges & Hicks is a privately owned general contractor based in Atlanta, GA that primarily focuses on large commercial work at private schools, churches, hospitals, data centers, and office buildings. Hodges & Hicks was built around its hard-working , dedicated employees and continues to attract the best talent in the construction industry.
Who is Hodges & Hicks looking to Hire?
Hodges & Hicks is a growing company, looking to strengthen and expand by hiring young, capable, and motivated individuals. As an employee, you will learn about the full construction process through a combination of experiences in the field and the office, serving in preconstruction or project management. Long term growth with Hodges & Hicks combines large scale opportunities as a project manager, estimator or superintendent with a young and ambitious professional atmosphere.
- Spring or Summer of 2015, full-time and part-time positions available.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are welcome to apply.
- Construction Management Students are encouraged to apply
- Students will work along side project managers on several different projects to develop a wide range of experience and project management skills.
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
11/5/14………2015 Seasonal Workers Needed at Eseeola Lodge in Linville, NC
The Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club in Linville, NC has been in existence since 1892. We are a seasonal community with a hotel, fine dining, golf, tennis, hiking, etc.
We are currently hiring for our Dining Room and Culinary teams for the upcoming 2015 season.
We need employees who will be available full time for the duration of our season (May-October) available from approximately May 15th until October 19th.
Graduating? Taking a semester off? Free Room and Board. The Eseeola Lodge at Linville Golf Club (www.eseeola.com) in Linville, NC is currently hiring for our 2014 season. May-October employment is required to be eligible for employment.
We are taking applications for Dining Room and Culinary positions. Very competitive pay. We offer free housing and meals for our full time staff.
Eseeola is a great place to learn, make friends, and save money. For an application and further information please email email@example.com.
11/5/14……….SUMMER 2015 DOE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Explore the Possibilities!
The Department of Energy (DOE) Scholars Program is now accepting applications for Summer 2015.
The DOE Scholars Program offers unique opportunities that introduce students or post-graduates to the agency’s mission and operations. Participants in the DOE Scholars Program gain a competitive edge as they apply their education, talent and skills in a variety of scientific research settings within the DOE complex. Appointments are available in a variety of disciplines at participating DOE facilities nationwide.
- Being selected as a DOE Scholar offers the following benefits:
- Career possibilities with the nation’s leading sponsor for scientific research
- Opportunities to learn from top scientists and subject matter experts
- Stipends are a minimum of $600 per week (depending on academic status)
- Travel arrangements to and from appointment site
- Veterans are given Veterans preference with the Federal Energy Management Program
Applicants must be US Citizens and undergraduates, graduates or post-graduates of an accredited college or university.
The program is open to majors in: Engineering; Physical Sciences; Environmental Sciences; Computer Science and Information Technology; Physics; Business; Policy; Program Management; Mathematics; Statistics; Safety and Health; Accounting and Finance; Law; Communications; and other related areas.
Visit http://orise.orau.gov/doescholars for more information or to apply - deadline is January 15, 2015!
11/3/14………..2015 SUMMER TERM INTERNSHIP/FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
The Office of Science / Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications to its 2015 Summer Term internship/fellowship programs. These programs, which offer opportunities for direct engagement in scientific research and technology featuring specialized instrumentation; large-scale, multidisciplinary efforts; and/or scientific user facilities, are available for undergraduate students enrolled at community colleges and/or four-year institutions, and for visiting faculty. Selected students or faculty participate at one of 17 DOE Laboratories/Facilities, receive stipends, and may qualify for travel and housing assistance.
Applications for these competitive programs must be completed and submitted online by 5:00 PM ET on January 9, 2015 (including all required application materials and recommendations). The 2015 Summer Term placements are for 10 weeks duration in a May to August timeframe.
The three programs accepting applications are:
- The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program encourages undergraduate students to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers by providing research experiences, under the guidance of laboratory/facility staff scientists or engineers, on projects supporting the DOE mission. More information about SULI and access to the online application is at http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/.
- The Community College Internship (CCI) program encourages community college students to enter technical careers relevant to the DOE mission by providing technical training experiences at the DOE Labs. Students work on technologies or instrumentation projects or major research facilities related to ongoing R&D programs. More information about CCI and access to the online application is at http://science.energy.gov/wdts/cci/.
- The Visiting Faculty Program (VFP) seeks to increase the research competitiveness of faculty members and their students at institutions historically underrepresented in the research community in order to expand the workforce vital to the DOE mission areas. In this program, selected university/college faculty members collaborate with DOE laboratory research staff on a research project of mutual interest. Faculty member participants may invite up to two students (one of which may be a graduate student) to participate in the research project. Applicants establish their collaborations with laboratory research staff in advance of applying and must submit a co-developed research proposal as part of the application. Students apply separately at the invitation of the faculty member. More information about the VFP and access to the online application is at http://science.energy.gov/wdts/vfp/.
The SULI, CCI and VFP programs are sponsored and managed by the DOE Office of Science / Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists. The Department of Energy's Office of Science is the single largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences in the United States, and is working to address some of the most pressing challenges of our time.
10/30/14………..JOBS AT IROQUOIS SPRINGS SUMMER CAMP
LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT SUMMER JOB…MAYBE A CAMP COUNSELOR OR ACTIVITY SPECIALIST
Dates: June 16 to August 7, 2014
Compensation: $1400 - $2000 Plus Travel Expense, Room & Board
Positions: Tennis, High and Low Ropes Course, Outdoor Adventure (mountain biking, hiking, camping, etc.) Gymnastics, Water-Skiing, Life-guarding (WSI), Theatre, Arts and Crafts (wood working, ceramics, jewelry, rocketry), Roller Hockey, Lacrosse, Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Soccer, Archery, Media (web design, video, yearbook, newspaper), and more....
Description: Iroquois Springs, located just 90 miles from New York City, is a co-ed residential camp in the Lower Catskill Mountains for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16.
If you are an energetic and motivated person with a love for children and working in an outdoor and energetic environment sounds rewarding, our summer team may be the right fit for you!
Iroquois Springs is a safe, fun filled environment for children looking to experience the magic camp has to offer while creating positive memories that will shape each child’s future. Iroquois Springs is simply an extraordinary place for children!
Located just 90 miles from New York City, our location is outstanding, and your experience will be second to none!
How to Apply: Go to www.iroquoissprings.com (click on “Our Staff”) or Call 1.877.700.5354
APPLY BEFORE 5/1/15
PO BOX 20126
DIX HILLS, NY 11746
10/29/14………….SUMMER 2015 Camp Counselors – Camp Vesper Point
Camp Vesper Point is a Christian Summer Camp for children ages 7-16. We are located 30 minutes from Chattanooga in Soddy Daisy, TN. We are looking for men and women who love the Lord and love being with kids. Counselor pay begins at $170 per week and includes room and board.
For more information and to apply online, visit us at www.vesperpoint.org.
10/28/14………Summer Jobs at Camp Ozark Available
Want to have an incredible summer job and work with kids this summer? Then Camp Ozark might be the perfect place for you!
A little bit about us:
Camp Ozark is America's largest single-site Christian sports and adventure camp for kids. We hire over 700 college-aged students from over 40 universities to work with over 6,000 kids each summer. Taking summer school? No problem! We have flexible work durations. Need a job? No problem! All work at Camp Ozark is paid employment. Needing internship credit? We have those too!
10/23/14……….Summer Ministry Team - Horn Creek Camp and Conference Grounds, Colorado
Brief description of Horn Creek: The vision and ministry of Horn Creek is to cultivate an environment where individuals and families can get away from life’s frequent distractions and experience the transformative power of God’s work in their lives. Each ministry team member can expect to be an essential part of helping us to realize and fulfill this vision during their employment with us. We hire approximately 65-70 individuals to our 12-week Summer Ministry Team and 8-10 college graduates to our 15-month Internship Program. Horn Creek is nestled at the foot of Horn Peak on the Eastern slope of the wondrous Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range, one of the longest mountain chains in Colorado.
Brief Job Description: The vision and ministry of Horn Creek is to cultivate an environment where individuals and families can get away from life’s frequent distractions and experience the transformative power of God’s work in their lives. Each ministry team member can expect to be an essential part of helping us to realize and fulfill this vision during our summer months. Our life-changing, 12-week Summer Ministry Team is designed for young adults 18 and up. You’ll serve and minister to our guests as well as participate in small groups, worship, teaching—and you’ll even have some time on the side to relax or just play. Perks include pay, housing, meals, time off, fun with guests and opportunities to hang out with other staffers high in the scenic wonder of the Rocky Mountains. Dates are May 2015 – August 2015
10/13/14……….U.S. Department of Energy Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship Program (MLEF) for SUMMER 2015
The Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) Program provides students with an opportunity to gain and develop research skills with the Department of Energy’s Office of Fossil Energy for 10 weeks over the summer.
For 20 years, this program has increased awareness of DOE research opportunities to students pursuing STEM degrees (science, technology, engineering and math). The goal of the program is to improve opportunities for women and minority students in these fields, however all eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Stipends start at $600 per week and eligible Fellows will receive an additional travel and housing allowance. For more information, visit http://orise.orau.gov/mlef/
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application;
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0;
- Be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university (sophomore year or higher) or had a Ph.D. conferred on or after January 2, 2014 in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) degree
Application closes Friday, January 2, 2015 – clickhttp://orise.orau.gov/mlef/ to get started NOW!
10/9/14…..Paid Internships (SUMMER 2015) with American Junior Golf Association
The American Junior Golf Association has three separate paid internships available for SUMMER 2015.
Click on each internship to see a complete job description:
- Minimum GPA: 2.8
- Traveling interns must be at least 21 years old
- All candidates must be U.S. citizens/legally authorized to work in the United States.
- There are opportunities for both spring and summer
- This is a paid internship
Have questions? Contact – Lauren Shelly, Director of Recruiting and Special Events via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (770-868-4200), fax (678-425-1653), 1980 Sports Club Drive, Braselton, GA 30517
Application instructions are detailed in each job description. MUST APPLY BY JANUARY 15, 2015
10/2/14……….SUMMER 2015 Engineering Internship (FULL TIME) - Johns Manville, Spartanburg, South Carolina
Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our environment of innovation, collaboration and excellence has allowed us to establish a leadership position in all of the markets we serve. We operate 45 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China, and have annual sales of approximately $2.5 billion.
Talent thrives at JM because we give our employees the ability to do things they wouldn’t be able to anywhere else. In other words, we give our employees the freedom to achieve. This support and encouragement is what our 7,000 talented employees experience with us every day, and it’s what bolsters our more-than-150-year reputation as an innovative, reliable business partner.
You’ll find the work at JM both challenging and fulfilling. Once a member of our team, you’ll be part of a global workforce committed to building a sustainable future for our customers, our employees, our owners and the communities in which we operate. We encourage you to learn more about JM, and find out why employment with us is such a rewarding experience.
- Candidate will provide engineering services for less complex technical problems and recommend a course of action.
- Candidate will provide engineering services for more complex problems under direct guidance of higher-level engineering personnel.
- Take an active part in the execution of product development projects
- Assist Sr. Engineers on technical service initiatives with sampling, analysis, and recommendations
- Develop and integrate product and process documentation ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Provide project status and laboratory reports as required
- Education – Sophomore or Junior pursuing a degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Ceramic/Materials Science preferred)
- Must have 3.0 GPA
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require sponsorship
Ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
- Solid academic performance
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Basic understanding of production processes
- Solid team skills
- Strategic and creative thinking
- MS Office proficiency
To apply for this position in the Experience eRecruiting system: Go to the UTC Career & Student Employment Center website: www.utc.edu/career click on the “Register for eRecruiting” link on the left and read the instructions before creating an account. Complete your profile and upload your resume in the documents section. You will now be able to view the Interview Schedules on the left of the page and apply for interviews. The recruiter will review the applicants and decide who will be accepted for the campus interviews. All applicants will be notified of their status.
9/30/14…......… Summer 2015 White House Internship Program
We are writing to announce that the application for the Summer 2015 White House Internship Program is open.
The White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office of the President and engage them in public service opportunities.
A complete application includes: short answers, two essay questions, a one-page resume, and two letters of recommendation.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.whitehouse.gov/internships.
The deadline to apply for the summer program is January 11, 2015