Part Time On Campus Jobs
11/18/15………………..UTC BOOKSTORE NOW HIRING
Join the UTC Bookstore and become a part of a diverse, talented team of Booksellers dedicated to offering amazing customer service.
We are currently looking to fill temporary positions for our end of semester rental return during exams as well as holiday and January back to school.
Apply now at www.BNCOLLEGEJOBS.com
When you apply, please attach a copy of your schedule
11/17/15……………. GEAR UP NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2016
We need workers for the spring 2016 semester and our application process is underway. Applicants must have earned 45 hours by the end of this semester, maintain at least a 2.5 G.P.A. and be at least 20-years-old (because of the age of our students).
Our after-school program meets Monday through Thursday from 3:00 – 5:30 or from 4:00 – 6:00, depending on the school. Schedules for the in-school program vary depending on the needs of the school and the availability of the staff member. All tutoring work occurs at the schools we serve.
Pay for these positions is $9.50 an hour ($11 for grad students) for after-school work and $9 an hour ($10.50 for grad students) for in-school work.
Application material is available at www.utc.edu/gearup or pick up an application packet at the GEAR UP office in the Doctor’s Building on McCallie Avenue (across from the Yellow Deli).
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
11/11/15………………Spring 2016 Peer Tutors
The Center for College and Student Success needs peer tutors for spring 2016 for subjects including, but not limited to, biology, chemistry, engineering, math, economics and physics.
Applicants must be current UTC upperclassmen, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and received an A or B in the subjects to be tutored.
Pay: $8-9/hour for up to 15 hours per week.
To apply: Please pick up an application in our office located in the UTC Library,
room 335, or E-mail Stephanie-West@utc.edu.
10/27/15…………… Veteran Work-Study Position: UTC Records Office, Office of Veteran Affairs
JOB DESCRIPTION: The VA work-study position will consist of assisting the Veteran Affairs School Certifying Official with performing office functions specifically related to the VA enrollment process and the maintenance of VA student records.
As a VA work-study recipient, the VA contracts directly with you to provide service to veterans, reservists, and dependents at a VA approved work site.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE ?
The VA work-study allowance is available to persons training under the following programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
- REAP Participants
- Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
- Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
- Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)
VA will select students for the work-study program based on different factors.
If you're a full-time or 3/4-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Maintain coverage in the Records Office, Office of Military and Veteran Affairs to assist students as they come in to the office for questions, receive or turn in VA documentation.
- Direct students to the appropriate office to assist them further with their needs on campus as a student.
- Assisting new students by providing information regarding to the benefits and documents required to begin using their VA educational benefits.
- Assist new students with completing their application for educational benefits online.
- Provide required documentation to students to complete for their file.
- Monitor student’s records.
- Assist with review and monitoring files verifying student’s enrollment each term.
- File all documents after they are complete.
- Shred documents no longer required to maintain in the office.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Office of Veteran Affairs web page.
- Assist with mass mailings to VA students.
- Ensure filing materials are maintained and organized.
HOURLY WAGE: equal to the Federal minimum wage or your State minimum wage, whichever is greater.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact the Coordinator of Military and Veteran Affairs, Squoia Holmes at Squoia-Holmes@utc.edu for information on how to apply.
10/19/15...................................CME Coordinator Position
The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at the UT College of Medicine is looking for a diligent sophomore or junior majoring in pre-med, nursing, biology, or other health sciences who is available to work around 20 hours each week between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm (Monday-Friday). The pay is $10.00/hour, and we are seeking someone who can start in November and who is available to work year-round (including the summer).
Required competencies include excellent organizational skills, strong computer skills, and good communication skills.
Primary responsibilities include creating & issuing thousands of certificates to medical professionals, email/phone correspondences with medical professionals, updating the website, and sending out our E-newsletter. Click here for more info about the position.
Send your letter of interest and resume to Bill Reynolds: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the days & times (8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday) that you will be available to work during the Summer as well as in the Fall in your email.
10/6/15……………………………The ARC is looking for Group Fitness Instructors!
We are hiring individuals who are motivated and passionate about fitness to join our team. The ARC group fitness schedule offers a variety of classes including (but not limited to): Yoga, Barre, Circuits, Cardio Sculpt, Spin, and Aquafit. We are looking for instructors who can bring variety to the schedule and we accept many different certifications and experience levels.
If you are interested in applying, please contact email@example.com.
9/17/15.........................SPRING 2016 Supplemental Instruction Leaders
The Center for Advisement and Student Success needs to hire SI Leaders in Biology 2060 and 2080, Chemistry 1110 and 1120, and Physics 1030 and 1040 for spring 2016. SI Leaders are students who have previously done well in the course. These students attend the class lectures, take notes, and facilitate peer group study sessions.
Who can apply: Biology and Chemistry majors and/or students with A or B grades in these courses
Pay: $8.50/hour for 10 hours a week
To apply: Email Mary-Roland@utc.edu for an application