Part Time On Campus Jobs
8/15/16………………….Fall 2016 Peer Tutors - CCSS
The Center for College and Student Success needs to hire peer tutors for fall 2016 in various courses including biology, economics, engineering, math, physics and SOC 2500 to work in the day tutoring program.
Who can apply: UTC upperclassmen, minimum GPA of 3.0, and received an A or B in the subjects to be tutored.
Pay: $8-9/hour for 10-15 hours per week.
To apply: E-mail Ericka-Hill@utc.edu for an application.
8/4/16…………......UTC Dining is Hiring!
Apply online at www.aramark.com/careers (Use your UTC email address)
- Click search jobs
- Search keyword UT Chattanooga
8/4/16……………..SSS is currently hiring for Peer Academic Coaches for Fall 2016
Peer Academic Coaches are more than tutors. They work with students to support them academically in a variety of classes, not only with course content but through study skill development and coaching as well.
We are looking for PACs that have college-level backgrounds in Math, Science, and Business related courses. Students seeking to be PACs should be upper level students (60 hours or more completed) with at least 3.0 GPA and an A or B in the subject to be coached.
PACs should be good communicators, reliable, responsible, and be able to make a semester commitment to the program.
Preference will be given to students who are comfortable and skilled working with our target population of low-income, first generation students and students with disabilities.
15 hours per week maximum. Pay starts at $8.75/hour.
To apply, please pick up an application in the Student Support Services office (222 Frist Hall) or request information by contacting email@example.com. Come join our PAC!
4/21/16……………………..Fall 2016 Jobs in the IT Solutions Center
The IT Solutions Center is looking for students to fill some of their opened positions starting in the Fall Semester.
The IT Solutions Center provides support for tier 1 (email, phone, and remote) support for students, faculty, and staff as well as tier 2 (hardware, software, and virus) support for students.
The Solutions Center expects student employees to exhibit exceptional customer service and problem solving abilities. Student employees will be trained to troubleshoot advanced technical issues and provide support for University-specific requests.
To apply for this position, please visit the IT Solutions Center employment page at http://www.utc.edu/information-technology/employment.php.
4/20/16…………….FALL 2016 Supplemental Instruction Leaders
The Center for College and Student Success needs to hire SI Leaders in various courses, including Biology 2060 and 2080, Chemistry 1110 and 1120, Physics 1030, Anthropology 1100, and Sociology 2500 for fall 2016.
SI Leaders are students who have previously done well in the course. These students attend the class lectures, take notes, and facilitate peer group study sessions weekly.
Who can apply: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anthropology, and Sociology majors and/or students with A or B grades in these courses
Pay: $12.00/hour for 10 hours a week
To apply: Email Mary-Roland@utc.edu for an application
4/5/16……………..UTC Telefund - Office of Development & Alumni Affairs Now Hiring
The Telefund Program is in need of student-workers for the remainder of this semester, in addition to this upcoming Summer and Fall
- We offer shifts Monday – Thursday from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Callers are required to work at least two shifts a week
- Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday shifts available
- Part-time job offering 10-20 hours/week
Click HERE for a full job description
Apply Online at: www.mocsconnect.com/telefundapplication
4/1/16…………………VETERAN WORK-STUDY POSITION: UTC RECORDS OFFICE, OFFICE OF VETERAN AFFAIRS
JOB DESCRIPTION: The VA work-study position will consist of assisting the Veteran Affairs School Certifying Official with performing office functions specifically related to the VA enrollment process and the maintenance of VA student records.
As a VA work-study recipient, the VA contracts directly with you to provide service to veterans, reservists, and dependents at a VA approved work site.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE ?
The VA work-study allowance is available to persons training under the following programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
- REAP Participants
- Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
- Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
- Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)
- VA will select students for the work-study program based on different factors.
If you're a full-time or 3/4-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Maintain coverage in the Records Office, Office of Military and Veteran Affairs to assist students as they come in to the office for questions, receive or turn in VA documentation.
- Direct students to the appropriate office to assist them further with their needs on campus as a student.
- Assisting new students by providing information regarding to the benefits and documents required to begin using their VA educational benefits.
- Assist new students with completing their application for educational benefits online.
- Provide required documentation to students to complete for their file.
- Monitor student’s records.
- Assist with review and monitoring files verifying student’s enrollment each term.
- File all documents after they are complete.
- Shred documents no longer required to maintain in the office.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Office of Veteran Affairs web page.
- Assist with mass mailings to VA students.
- Ensure filing materials are maintained and organized.
HOURLY WAGE: equal to the Federal minimum wage or your State minimum wage, whichever is greater.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact the Coordinator of Military and Veteran Affairs, Squoia Holmes at Squoia-Holmes@utc.edu for information on how to apply.
3/2/16............................2016 TUTORS – Office of Student-Athlete Academic Support
The Office of Student-Athlete Academic Support needs tutors for subjects including but not limited to: Math 2100, Management (including MGT 2110 & 2120), upper level Physics, upper level Chemistry, all levels of Engineering.
Undergraduate and Graduate students with strong academic histories should apply. Pay: $8.50 - $11/hour based on qualifications.
Email your resume and interest to Leah-Harwell@utc.edu.