Part Time On Campus Jobs
2/26/14............SUMMER VETERAN STUDENT WORKER POSITION: UTC RECORDS OFFICE, OFFICE OF VETERAN AFFAIRS
JOB DESCRIPTION: The VA work-study position will consist of assisting the Veteran Affairs School Certifying Official with performing office functions specifically related to the VA enrollment process and the maintenance of VA student records.
As a VA work-study recipient, the VA contracts directly with you to provide service to veterans, reservists, and dependents at a VA approved work site.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE ?
The VA work-study allowance is available to persons training under the following programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
- REAP Participants
- Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
- Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
- Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)
- VA will select students for the work-study program based on different factors.
If you're a full-time or 3/4-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Maintain coverage in the Records Office, Office of Veteran Affairs to assist students as they come in to the office for questions, receive or turn in VA documentation.
- Direct students to the appropriate office to assist them further with their needs on campus as a student.
- Assisting new students by providing information regarding to the benefits and documents required to begin using their VA educational benefits.
- Assist new students with completing their application for educational benefits online.
- Provide required documentation to students to complete for their file.
- Monitor student’s records.
- Assist with review and monitoring files verifying student’s enrollment each term.
- File all documents after they are complete.
- Shred documents no longer required to maintain in the office.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Office of Veteran Affairs web page.
- Assist with mass mailings to VA students.
- Ensure filing materials are maintained and organized.
HOURLY WAGE: equal to the Federal minimum wage or your State minimum wage, whichever is greater.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact the Coordinator of Veteran and Military Student Services, Squoia Holmes at Squoia-Holmes@utc.edu for information on how to apply.
1/7/14............GEAR UP Tutors
GEAR UP, a UTC initiative to promote college readiness in Hamilton County’s urban students, needs any help you can give us turning up good staff members for our after-school and in-school programs at the six inner-city schools we serve. These programs are designed to bolster reading and math skills of 8th and 9th graders at those schools while teaching these students how to get to, pay for and succeed in college. A key component of each program will be the staff, who will serve as instructors, counselors and mentors, and we want the GEAR UP kids to learn from UTC’s top students.
We need workers for our after-school program Monday-Thursday from 2:00-5:00 or 4:00-6:00 (depending on the school), starting January 22.
To be hired, students must:
- Have already earned at least 30 credits
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
Pay for both in-school and after-school positions is $9 an hour and $10.50 an hour for graduate students, and we do welcome applications from graduate students.
If you know students on our campus who would be good leaders and models in the effort to help the GEAR UP kids get on the college track, please ask them to pick up an application packet at the GEAR UP office in the Doctor’s Building on McCallie Avenue (across from the Yellow Deli). If they or you have questions, please email Hunter-Huckabay@utc.edu or call 425-5386.
The UTC Bookstore is now hiring for temporary help through the start of Spring classes.
If interested please apply online today at www.bncollegejobs.com. Please also attach your spring schedule.
11/12/13............SPRING SEMESTER 2014 TUTORS
The Office of Student-Athlete Academic Support needs tutors for Spring 2014 for subjects including but not limited to: Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, and Business: Finance.
Undergraduate and Graduate students with strong academic histories should apply. Pay: $9 - $11/hour for 10-15 hours a week based on qualifications.
Email your resume and interest to Andrea-Dalton@utc.edu
11/8/13............Spring 2014…Student Support Services is now accepting applications for Peer Tutors
Peer Tutors provide individual, one-on-one tutoring services to college students in a variety of Math, Science, and Business courses.
Must be a current UTC student with preferably 60 credit hours, have a GPA of 3.0 or better, and grades of A or B in courses to be tutored. Tutors must also be good communicators, reliable, responsible, and be able to make a semester commitment to the SSS peer tutoring program.
Preference will be given to students who are comfortable and skilled working with students in our target population of low-income, first generation college students and students with disabilities. 15 hours per week maximum. Pay starts at $8.25/hr.
To apply, please pick up an application in the Student Support Services office, Frist Hall, Room 222 or contact email@example.com
10/31/13..........Tutors Needed for SPRING 2014 - Center of Advisement & Student Success
Center for Advisement and Student Success need Tutors (Biology, Chemistry, Math, and Physics)
Must be Biology, Chemistry, Math, and Physics majors and/or students with A or B grades in these courses
$7.50/hour for 10-15 hours a week
Email Julie-Amerson@utc.edu in the Center for Advisement and Student Success or call 425-5782 for an application.