Part Time On Campus Jobs
8/26/15………………FALL SEMESTER 2015 TUTORS –
Description: The Office of Student-Athlete Academic Support needs tutors for fall 2015 for subjects including: Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering, and Economics. Undergraduate and Graduate students with strong academic histories should apply. Pay: $8 - $11/hour for 10-15 hours a week based on qualifications.
Email your resume and interest to Emily-Blackman@utc.edu
8/26/15………………………………GEAR UP In School and After School Program Workers Needed
The GEAR UP program, which helps 10th and 11th graders at three inner-city three high schools get on track for college, is hiring in-school and after-school tutors for the fall semester. If you are interested in helping a group of students who have faced some serious challenges build important academic skills, move toward high school graduation, and realize their college ambitions, please consider becoming part of the GEAR UP effort.
Successful applicants will:
- Be at least 20-years-old,
- Have completed a minimum of 45 undergraduate credit hours before the fall 2015 semester,
- Have at least a 2.5 G.P.A,
- Be enrolled in a university program or have already graduated from one,
- Be available for at least one of the following times for the duration of the program:
- Monday – Thursday, 3:00 – 5:30 or 4:00 – 6:00 (must be available every day during one of these time slots)
- Monday – Friday (must be available 2 or 3 days per week during one of these times):
- 7:15 – 1:00
- 8:20 – 11:00
- 9:00 – 1:00
- 9:00 – 2:35
- 11:35 – 3:15
- Have the rare pleasure of celebrating Halloween and LSU football as part of their workplace duties.
Pay for after-school staff if $9.50 an hour and $11 an hour for graduate students. In-school teaching assistants make $9 an hour and $10.50 for graduate students.
This is a great chance for you to change the future for a group of students who are unlikely to reach college and join the economic and social mainstream without the kind of help you can give them. As a GEAR UP staff member, you’ll develop as a teacher, get practice managing and leading groups, learn about the public school system, and get to do things like play Egyptian Kickball on the job. A stint on our staff means you will be a significant factor in the lives of some of Chattanooga’s most deserving students while being part of a lively, dedicated, well-supported team of mentor-teachers.
If you meet the above qualifications and you’re interested in lining up with Team GEAR UP, please download our application packet at www.utc.edu/gearup.
Applications can be returned to the GEAR UP office in the Doctor’s Building just across McCallie Avenue from the Yellow Deli. Our office is on the first floor, down the hallway to the right as you enter the front door. If you need more information or have questions, please contact Hunter Huckabay at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled in January, and graduate students are eligible for these positions and are urged to apply.
8/7/15………………..UTC Telefund Caller
We are looking to hire 30+ students!
The UTC Telefund is an integral part of the university’s fundraising and alumni relations effort. This program is a great way to show your love of UTC and to make a direct impact on the campus. Our callers contact UTC alumni and donors and encourage them to contribute to the university, wherever they feel most passionate about. These funds can be used for scholarships, financial aid, student and faculty research projects, study abroad expenses, and many other programs not funded by tuition. Telefund callers also update alumni demographics, as well as inform them about campus and answer any questions they may have about UTC.
As a caller, you will be responsible for calling UTC alumni and donors to ask for monetary support that will benefit all programs within the university. This is a UT Foundation position and will require a mandatory three day training program prior to working the first calling session.
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Positive attitude and self-motivation;
- Dependable and punctual;
- Competitive spirit;
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- Respond to e-mails in a timely manner;
- Attend mandatory training sessions;
- Capable of working the same schedule all semester.
During calls, callers are responsible for:
- Collecting and updating constituent demographic information;
- Develop positive relationships with all those contacted;
- Knowledge of current events and achievements around the university, from construction projects to rankings on academic listings;
- Soliciting funds for various areas around campus;
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
We conduct shifts Monday through Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. You are required to work at least two shifts during the week. We offer a Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday shift. If you have a particular conflict, we are willing to discuss further options. Callers looking for extra hours may have the opportunity to sign up for extra calling shifts. This is a part-time position that offers between 10 and 20 hours per week.
To apply, go to http://mocsconnect.com/telefundapplication
You will need to read the job description there and click “save and continue” in order to complete the application
8/4/15……..SSS is currently hiring Peer Academic Coaches for Fall 2015.
Peer Academic Coaches are more than tutors. They work with students to support them academically in a variety of classes, not only with course content but through study skill development and coaching as well.
We are looking for PACs that have college-level backgrounds in Math, Science, and Business related courses. Students seeking to be PACs should be upper level students (60 hours or more completed) with at least 3.0 GPA and an A or B in the subject to be coached. PACs should be good communicators, reliable, responsible, and be able to make a semester commitment to the program. Preference will be given to students who are comfortable and skilled working with our target population of low-income, first generation students and students with disabilities. 15 hours per week maximum. Pay starts at $8.50/hour.
To apply, please pick up an application in the Student Support Services office (222 Frist Hall) or request information by contacting email@example.com. Come join our PAC!
8/3/15………….Bookstore Job Openings
Want a discount on Textbooks? The UTC Bookstore is NOW HIRING for our temporary RUSH period. Join Barnes & Noble College and become part of a diverse, talented team of Booksellers dedicated to offering amazing customer service.
Apply Now at www.BNCOLLEGEJOBS.com
When you apply, please attach a copy of your fall schedule.
7/31/15............. Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 Marketing Student Worker - UTC Dining Services
This position encourages the incorporation of related class room experience, personal campus knowledge and Aramark resources to effectively promote the UTC Dining Services Program. This person will be responsible for planning and implementing new programs and sampling events, and conducting surveys to increase customer satisfaction with the program.
Basic Qualifications & General Information
- Applicant must be currently enrolled as a UTC student.
- Preference may be given to students enrolled in the following programs: Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design
- The intern will work approximately 10-15 hours per week, and the schedule will vary depending upon the week’s dining events. Availability from 11am-2pm is desired.
- The intern will be required to act and dress in a professional manner when representing UTC Dining.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, to develop, plan, implement, and execute promotions for all special dining events on campus
- Conduct general marketing research to ensure correct competitive positioning in the market. This includes retail pricing, local consumer trends and new local competition as it relates to our individual markets
- Aid in set up, execution and break down of events in dining locations
- Inform and educate customers via sales tables about promotions, locations and meal plans
- Distribute marketing materials, including signs, posters, coupons, brochures, mailings, and table tent advertisements around campus
- Update marketing materials sent by corporate ARAMARK to ensure we are keeping with the company’s marketing missions.
- Other duties may be assigned as needs arise
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/activities
- Outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with others
- Retail/dining/customer service experience a plus
- Strong collaboration skills; capable of working with various levels of staff and students
- Attention to detail and ability to measure program baseline and success
- Delivers with speed and accuracy
- Delivers creative and innovative, on trend ideas and materials
- Successful execution of programs and events
- Reliable and dependable
- Background and interest in Marketing, Management, and/or Advertising and Promotions
- Previous food service experience a plus but not necessary
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Must be a good role model with work practices
- Computer knowledge is highly recommended
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Self motivated
To Apply: Please send resume to Corcoranfirstname.lastname@example.org.
6/3/15………….Fall 2015 Peer Tutors
The Center for Advisement and Student Success needs peer tutors for fall 2015 for subjects including, but not limited to, biology, chemistry, engineering, math, and physics. Applicants must be current UTC upperclassmen, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and received an A or B in the subjects to be tutored.
Pay: $7.50/hour for up to 15 hours per week.
To apply: Please pick up an application in our office located in the UTC Library, room 335, or E-mail Stephanie-West@utc.edu.
2/18/15………..FALL 2015 Supplemental Instruction Leaders
The Center for Advisement and Student Success needs to hire SI Leaders in Biology 2060 and 2080 and Chemistry 1110 and 1120 for fall 2015. SI Leaders are students who have previously done well in the course. These students attend the class lectures, take notes, and facilitate peer group study sessions.
Who can apply: Biology and Chemistry majors and/or students with A or B grades in these courses
Pay: $8.50/hour for 10 hours a week
To apply: Email Mary-Roland@utc.edu for an application