Part Time Off Campus Jobs & Internships
12/19/14……….Part-Time Night Audit at The Hilton Garden Inn-Hamilton Place
This is a "people-person" position, requiring you to have excellent customer service
skills, a clear telephone voice, and basic accounting skills. This position is an
overnight position for Thursday and Friday nights 11pm-7am, and also second shifts
(anytime between 3-11pm), when needed. Schedules do vary, and dates may change depending
on hotel occupancy. Must be 18 years of age, be able to pass a drug test and background
check, and be able to stand for long periods of time.
To see detailed job responsibilities, fill out an application, and take an assessment please follow the link below.
Please come into the hotel to fill out paper application, and also reply to this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with phone number and email address.
12/18/14…………..Marketing Associates Wanted
Location: Ooltewah, TN 37363
Must be computer literate. Knowledge of customer service/telemarketing a plus.
Part Time: Monday thru Friday, hours 10 am – 3pm.
Wage: $9.00 @hour
Apply at: email@example.com
12/17/14…………… Graphics Design Intern - CTS
CTS is looking for a Graphics Design & Marketing Intern to serve as an assistant to the CTS Marketing team with exposure to multiple marketing functions including social media, website design, email marketing, landing pages, and collateral generation.
This is a part time internship – up to 20 hours per week.
What you’ll do:
- Website content updates, testing, proofing
- Branding Miscellaneous Tasks (template & asset Management, and consistency checks)
- Email design and campaign development
- Develop landing pages around specific marketing campaigns
- Assist with development of email campaigns
What you’ll need:
The most important thing you will need is a passion for learning new things and working on creative projects! You will also need strong written and verbal communication skills to work with your team. You’ll need to be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Studio Art, Graphics Design, or a related field have basic experience using Photoshop and InDesign editing. Experience with basic HTML, Google Analytics and Blog/WordPress would be great!
Our people are our most important asset. We have over 200 employees across 6 different office locations, but we are all one team. Together, we work with Fortune 1000 clients across the Southeast to build custom solutions to their business problems. Every project is unique, and provides new challenges and opportunities to learn from some of the best minds in the business. Our areas of expertise include software development, quality assurance, business intelligence, application integration, portals & collaboration, and application lifecycle management. Each of our offices has a fun and unique culture, but we all share the same passion for our work. With our career development program and internal training initiatives, you have all the tools you need to reach your full potential. The rest is up to you! Don’t believe us? Check us out for yourself at www.askcts.com/careers.
Visit www.askcts.com/careers to read more about all the perks of working at CTS and to apply for this internship!
12/17/14…………..Construction Management Internship - GreenForm
GreenForm Construction and Solar is a Chattanooga based cooperative with a green initiative. GreenForm is seeking an intern to assist in developing blue prints for roofing projects, designing layouts for solar panel systems, as well as new ground up construction. You will work in an office and on the field environment where you'll gain teamwork and project management skills.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must be able to understand and follow written project specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Must be organized in order to meet project scope and goals
- Must have taken the Computer Aided Design 1 course (Computer Aided Design 2 course desired but not mandatory)
Hours and Pay:
Schedule and pay are negotiable depending on past experience
Apply directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
12/17/14.....Brand Ambassador - Cleveland, TN-Bilingual (Spanish Speaking)
Step Logic Talent is looking for a reliable brand ambassador.
Roles include: flyering, demoing phones, and handing out giveaways.
Shift is Scheduled for Saturday Dec 20th from 12:30pm-4:30pm
Pay rate: $15 per hour
Please reach out to Paul Nemeth @ email@example.com with a current resume if interested.
12/16/14………..Part Time Jobs at Top It Off Frozen Yogurt
Position available immediately
We are looking for an outgoing, hardworking UTC student to work part time in the afternoons and weekends. Duties include assisting guests when needed, running cash register, cleaning, stocking and closing store at night. We are happy to work around class schedules. 15-25 hours per week flexible.
Applicants should email TopItOffFroyo@gmail.com for an application.
12/15/14………….Part Time Opportunities with Escape Experience Chattanooga
New exciting entertainment company opening up in Chattanooga and we are looking for outgoing individuals to join our team. Escape Experience Chattanooga is an interactive entertainment company that stages escape scenarios where patrons must find clues, solve puzzles, and decode riddles in order to escape a room before time runs out.
We are looking for outgoing individuals to join our team that like to work hard and have fun doing it. You must enjoy interacting with people and be able to work in a fast paced environment. Applicants must be able to talk to groups of people and instruct them.
Duties include greeting and signing in guest. Monitoring rooms and offering assistance as needed, resetting rooms in a timely manner. Reading room scenarios, rules, and instructions to guest. Conducting debriefings after the games. Assisting with promotions and marketing. Opening and closing duties and other task as assigned.
Positions available as early as January 1st, 2014. Starting pay is $8.00 per hour with opportunities for raises in near the future. Must be 18 years or older. Initially, hours will be available from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Friday through Sunday with expanding hours and days as business increases. Must be able to work a minimum 15 hours per week.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see what we’re all about go to EscapeExperiencechattanooga.com
12/15/14………Referees Wanted – Chattanooga Sports Leagues
We are currently hiring referees for the following adult sports:
- Basketball (previous experience needed)
- Flag Football (football knowledge needed)
- Kickball (baseball/softball knowledge needed)
- Soccer (previous experience needed)
We are looking for confident, vocal referees who can interact with players while enforcing the rules. This is a great way to earn some extra money and meet new people.
Must be 21+ to apply.
Apply to email@example.com with: 1) Your name 2) Which sport(s) you are applying for 3) Availability 4) Brief description of your refereeing or sports background.
12/15/14………Marketing/Communications Internship - PlayCore
This is a part time (20 hours per week), paid internship position located in Chattanooga, TN.
The Corporate Strategic Services Intern position will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and objectives of the Corporate Strategic Services department and PlayCore’s Center for Professional Development. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: creating and managing digital assets, planning and promoting various education and employee related events, weekly/monthly reporting, support of data management systems, tradeshow and event logistics, lead management support, website request fulfillment, and market research. The position works closely with a variety of internal teams, external partners, vendors and other stakeholders to support PlayCore’s overall marketing, communications, education, and leadership strategies through the Center for Professional Development.
- Execute professional development requests by working with internal representatives and external partners.
- Create a variety of marketing and communications tools (press releases, invitations, field memos, employee communication, etc.) to promote internal and external events and initiatives.
- Support lead management and fulfillment from the website, trade shows, and professional development.
- Compile and manage data and reporting systems for professional development accreditation providers and outcomes reporting.
- Assist in tradeshow logistics and marketing collateral.
- Create and edit content and/or digital assets to support the development of programs, marketing collateral, and/or website content.
- Support market research initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with digital media and creation of digital marketing tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to organize data accurately for entry, tracking, and reporting.
- Ability to work independently (self directed) as well as in a collaborative, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and adept at organizing and categorizing large sets of content and information.
- Ability to work collaboratively and make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Communicate effectively verbally and through written formats.
- Participation in monthly trainings offered
- Prepare a Reflection Presentation of your work experience
- Apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world business situations
This intern position will report to the Director of Education: Programs, Partnerships, & Professional Development and will be located at the PlayCore Corporate office in Chattanooga, TN.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12/15/14………Intern - Computer Science (VBA Coding) – Mohawk Industries
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
This internship will be supporting the Corporate Finance department and is expected to last until the end of April 2015. The main responsibility of the intern will be to code various projects for this department.
- Computer Science major (Currently pursuing a 4 year degree or a recent graduate)
- Must have experience in coding VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Examples of coding projects must be provided (please attach with resume)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements.
Email resumes to email@example.com.
Upon application submission, students will be directed to the following employer URL to fill out additional information. professional-mohawk.icims.com/jobs/19376/intern---computer-science-%28vba-coding%29/job?mode=view
12/11/14………..Graphic Design Internship with Guild Development
Do you love graphic design and want to develop your portfolio? We are seeking a part-time graphic design intern who will be able to contribute in a variety of ways to enhance the Guild Development's client campaigns through graphic design. The selected applicant will gain real-world experience working for a web development and marketing company.
- Work closely with a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal
- Design graphic content across multiple channels (web, graphics, email campaigns, social media)
Note: This is a paid internship, paid at minimum wage. This role is part time (10 to 15 hours of work per week with flexible deadlines and flexible scheduling). For the right individual, there is a possibility that this position could transition or evolve into a full-time entry level role at the company. Also, we are willing to write a letter of recommendation, which the intern can use for future endeavors.
- Student or obtained Bachelor’s degree in a design related field preferred
- Interest in web marketing required
- Keen eye for what is cool and interesting in addition to knowing the basics of graphic design.
- Must be web and tech savvy, able to work independently and on deadline
- Familiar with various graphic design programs required (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Enthusiasm to work on religious or conservative projects (though that is only a small part of the job)
TO APPLY: Please include a resume (with links to an online portfolio) sent to Support@guilddev.com
12/11/14………Part-Time Intern – Workout Anytime LLC
Studying Marketing or Fitness - Any Grade Level
Position could turn into full-time during summers and/or upon graduation
We are growing and looking to add a part-time intern currently studying marketing or fitness to add to our team of highly successful, driven, and self-motivated individuals. Our goal is to hire, train, invest, and promote our career minded team members and have fun through the process.
Workout Anytime LLC is a full service gym located in Hixson, TN with the mission to provide convenient first class fitness experience, with the best equipment superior service and cleanliness in a neighborhood atmosphere where everyone knows your name. Our motto is to "think big, keep it simple and do it with integrity". Founded on those principles, we are committed to enhancing the quality of life through fitness and health.
- At least 1 year of sales experience, preferably in the fitness industry
- Highly energetic, organized, personable, a self-starter, and ethical
- Background in fitness and nutrition (though sports, hobbies, etc.)
- Learn and Follow the Sales Process: administrating tours, enrolling new members, updating sales books, following up with new members, scheduling fitness assessments with personal trainers etc.
- Fitness Consulting: Build long lasting relationships with members, demonstrate proper equipment use, and answer fitness related questions
- Assist with General Marketing Duties: designing flyers/posters, updating sales material, assist with managing social media pages, assist event coordinator with putting on various club events, etc.
- Prospecting: meeting with new and existing members, establishing relationships with local businesses, gather names and numbers of potential members, distributing flyers, etc.
- Ability to meet personal daily, weekly, and monthly sales quotas and work with the Fitness Consulting Team to meet club sales quota goals
- Receptionist Duties: answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, making copies, etc.
- Cleaning duties: perform daily cleaning maintenance on the club
- Other duties as assigned
This is a non-exempt and commission based position. If you are interested in this position please email Laryssa at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume and cover letter or stop by in person and fill out an application at 5922 Hixson Pike Hixson TN 37343.
12/11/14…………Accounting Intern – WNA Chattanooga
WNA Chattanooga, a local manufacturing company, is expanding and is in need of a part-time/intern type role in the Accounting department. This position is possible to growing into a full-time role by the summer, as they have seen a lot of growth recently.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities primarily include customer billing and accounts payable
- Strong understanding of accounting
- Working knowledge of Excel and MSOffice desired
- Flexibility in work schedule can be allowed, but would prefer someone who could work each day for half a day
- Position would require between 20-25 hours weekly
- Salary expectation is in the $10/hour range, hourly rate is also negotiable.
Compensation Details/Other Benefits:
- Salary expectation is in the $10/hour range, hourly rate is also negotiable.
Interested applicants should email a resume with cover letter to Tom Spurr, Controller,
WNA Chattanooga, at Tom.Spurr@wna.biz BY DECEMBER 31, 2014.
12/11/14……….Spring 2015 Marketing Specialist Intern – Lookout Mountain Golf Club
The LMGC is in search of a Marketing Specialist to join their marketing team for the spring 2015 Semester. You'll have the chance to work with their team as a key contributor to the marketing strategies of LMGC. That means you'll create your own marketing campaigns that drive real results. Successful candidates are hard-working, creative, and analytical.
The Marketing Specialist position will be responsible for working with website developers in updating the current design format of the LMGC website and designing a member's only webpage, creating and updating marketing materials, keeping members informed through various social media outlets, collaborating with golf and banquet staff for events, and assisting with various administrative needs as they arrive.
- 3.0 GPA and above
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience in Social Media Marketing including Facebook and Twitter
- Expert Microsoft Word Skills
- Hootsuite and Wordpress experience desired but not required
- Currently enrolled Junior or senior level student studying marketing
- Thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit LMGC
Part-time interns must be able to contribute at least 15 hours a week both onsite and remotely
Compensation Details/Other Benefits:
Interns will start out at $9.00 per hour and receive certain golf course privileges during the internship and may also be eligible for bonuses based on production
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume to Billy Buchanan at email@example.com
12/10/14…………..Front Desk Person – North Chattanooga Salon
Upscale North Chattanooga Salon looking for front desk retail help, approximately 20 hours per week. AVEDA salon. Ideal candidate will have AVEDA experience, or will take the initiative to self-study and learn the product line. Hourly plus commission, as well as discount on AVEDA products and hair done for free by our talented team. Excellent work attendance at other jobs is of the utmost importance, as well as an individual who is comfortable dealing with customer concerns, strong retail ability and willingness to learn and grow.
Respond by email with the following: Two (2) work references with phone numbers, two (2) paragraphs on why you would be willing to learn and sell the AVEDA line and grow our AVEDA business. Provide two (2) examples of how you exceeded customer expectations in a previous work setting. Also, provide your availability.
Reply with the aforementioned information to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not attempt to contact salon directly.
We drug screen all our employee applicants and are an equal opportunity employer.
12/10/14………….FULL & PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATES – RadioShack
If you are interested in working for a company that values your contribution and offers
a chance for career advancement, RadioShack is for you. We’re looking for friendly,
knowledgeable people who are passionate about
meeting the customer’s needs and are willing to take the time to solve problems. As a Retail Sales Associate, your
contribution is crucial to the success of our company. That’s why we offer extensive training and ongoing support that allows you to be the best associate possible.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Demonstrated success in a retail sales environment is preferred
- Ability to work a variety of shifts based on business needs including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team
- Excellent follow-up and persuasion skills
- Bilingual ability a plus in some markets
For more information, visit our website www.jobsatradioshack.com
12/10/14…………….Childcare Assistants – Hamilton County Department of Education
The Hamilton County Department of Education School Age Child Care Program is looking for college students that are interested in gaining experience working with children.
- Enjoy working with school age children
- Provide direct instruction and supervision for students in child care
- Be available to work before school from approximately 6 – 8:30 AM and/or after school from approximately 2:30 – 6 PM (varies per school)
- Be dependable and responsible
- Plan and carry out activities with school age children
- Be available to attend in-services
Assistants starting pay starts at $8.91 per hour and we have several positions that need to be filled.
For more information, please contact Josh Miller at (423) 893-3530 or by email at email@example.com
12/10/14…………..Sales Trainee - Fastenal
Part-Time Position Available
3740 Powers Court Suite 200, Chattanooga, TN
The Fastenal Company would like to invite ambitious, hard-working individuals to apply for the position of Sales Trainee PT. Applicants should be able to bring new ideas and improvements to business practices; remain fair, respectful and moral in all situations; and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown from a single store to nearly 2,700 locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and rise up to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, that typically doubles in size every four to five years, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
Working in the role of part-time Sales Trainee, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a store and working with customers. It's a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into a full-time sales position. Fastenal Company is currently seeking candidates for a part-time Sales Trainee position at our store located at 3740 Powers Court Suite 200, Chattanooga, TN.
The training experience includes hands-on, on-line, and classroom training offered through our corporate university. The training program for current employees who are promoted into these positions will vary based on prior experience with the company.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sales/customer service
- Managing inventory
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Performing local sales calls and deliveries with company vehicle
The skills and qualifications required for this position include:
- 18 years of age or over
- A strong aptitude for sales and desire to earn salary plus commission after the training period
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- The ability to demonstrate Company values of Innovation, Teamwork, Ambition, and Integrity
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude
- The ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Possess or are working towards an Associate's Degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- Ability to pass the required drug test (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY)
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
12/8/14…………Children’s Program Assistant – Northside Neighborhood House
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 3:30pm – 5:30pm. We follow the Hamilton County School System calendar
- Assist Program Director in planning, coordinating and implementing programs for area children and youth. Supervise children as instructed by Program Director.
- Support and direct program volunteers as instructed by Program Director
- Set up and then clean up daily educational, craft and recreational activities
- Assist with Northside Neighborhood House operations as deemed necessary by the Executive Director
- Ability to communicate with and motivate children and youth
- Organization and management skills
- Knowledge of or desire to learn behavior management for large groups
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
Education and/or Experience
- College experience and/or degree in education, social work or equivalent field of study.
- Experience working with children
- Must be able to be outdoors and participate in physical activities with the children
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Interested applicants can send their resume via email to AWhitaker@nnhouse.org and they will be contacted for an interview.
12/5/2014………… Normal Park Upper School Daycare – Full or Part Time
Normal Park Museum Magnet is seeking employees to work in our staff daycare. Position closes 12/15/2014.
Available positions are Monday through Friday. We are on Hamilton County’s School Schedule:
- 2:30-5:00 (available immediately)
- 7:30- 1:00 and 1:00-5:00 (available January 5, 2015) These hours may be adjusted.
Experience in early childhood preferred. This position requires creativity, initiative, and teaching skills. MUST have a passion for working with children ages 3 months-3 years.
- Interacting and playing with toddlers and babies
- Ensuring children’s safety
- Diapering and toileting
- Bottle preparing and feeding
- Holding and consoling children
- Interacting with parents at pick-up
- Maintaining a positive relationship with parents
- Disinfecting daycare and cleaning upon closing
- Keeping detailed records
We are in need of someone who is accountable, professional, timely and responsible. Only SERIOUS and DEDICATED applicants apply.
Contact Casey Jacobs at email@example.com to set up an interview.
12/4/14…………Maintenance Assistance, Apartment Building
- Painting, rehabilitating vacant apartments
- Light mechanical, electrical, plumbing repairs
- Seasonally occasional mowing, landscape maintenance
- Handyman aptitude and some experience
- Engineering major preferred, but not required
- Patience and willingness to learn
- Ability to work with leader or independently
- 12 to 20 hours per week, flexible scheduling
- $10/hour base, with bonuses usually averages above $12/hour
- Paid holidays
- Vacation/sick leave
If interested contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 423-653-7804 or 423-875-6351 or via fax at 423-875-9013
12/2/14…………Bloomberg BAT Campus Ambassador (Consultant)
We are currently looking for an undergraduate for an ambassadorship opportunity on campus with Bloomberg's education division, Bloomberg Institute. Position will be on UTC campus.
Bloomberg is seeking entrepreneurial students, across a variety of areas of study, who wish to work on an international team of student leaders. BAT Ambassadors are responsible for developing a local marketing strategy, building relationships across university networks and public speaking to introduce an innovative product, the Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT) to their peers.
BAT Ambassadors are assigned to international teams where they collaborate with student leaders across the world to build awareness for the BAT brand.
- Creative, resourceful, ambitious and hard-working personality
- Currently studying at an officially recognized University/College
- Actively involved in one or more student organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced English and local language capabilities
- Passion for sales and marketing of a startup
- Serve as the face of Bloomberg Institute on campus.
- Work on an innovative project with a global team of student leaders.
- Build a thorough understanding of Bloomberg LP and the Bloomberg Aptitude Test. Training is provided on all topics.
- Develop marketing strategies to increase participation in the BAT on an international scale.
- Lead marketing campaigns for BAT sessions held on campus.
- Host presentations and information sessions for varied audiences and attend relevant, targeted events.
- Create an encouraging testing environment and provide test takers an all-around positive experience.
More detailed information about this specific position can be found at www.bloomberg.com/careers.
12/1/14………Full or Part Time Preschool teacher needed
Church-based non-profit childcare center/preschool seeks an experienced assistant preschool teacher, full- or regular part-time.
The ideal candidate should have a degree in early childhood education or a related field, or some college and significant experience working with young children in a group setting. This position requires creativity, kindness, patience and an understanding of the preschool age child.
We offer an excellent work environment, paid holidays, vacations and training. We are open M-F 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., so work hours will fall sometime within that range.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written. This is a fairly active job physically, and requires lifting children on occasion, so general strength and endurance are needed.
Teachers must undergo fingerprinting and background checks, and should provide excellent, verifiable references.
This position will begin near January 5. Pay based upon education/experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
12/1/14.............Full or Part Time Window Cleaners - Fish Window Cleaning
Fish Window Cleaning is growing! We are looking for full-time and part-time window cleaners. We provide professional and reliable window cleaning service on commercial and residential buildings, mostly three stories or less. The majority of our work is done from the ground using poles with some ladder work for some tasks.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates that maintain positive attitudes, pay attention to detail, and seek to provide extraordinary customer service. No experience necessary. We provide training pay, then pay is based on your performance; therefore, you earn what you are worth. You need reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license to be considered for employment.
Please visit: https://www.wantagreatjob.com/?lid=978 to fill out an application online.
11/24/14............We are looking for someone to join our team at Threads on Signal Mountain
We are a Children's Clothing Boutique and Monogram Shop. Must be willing to learn to operate our embroidery machines and computer programs. We are open 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Must be willing to work evenings and Saturdays.
Please send resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11/24/14…………MacAuthority at Hamilton Place Mall has the following positions available
Mac Solutions Specialist:
What we’re looking for:
- Friendly, outgoing individual with great communication skills.
- Previous retail/sales experience or customer service training is encouraged.
- Apple and Macintosh knowledge is a plus.
- Keen awareness of accessories and gadgets related to Apple and beyond is even better!
What a Mac Solutions Specialist does:
- Provides a positive, personalized customer experience every time.
- Creates an environment where customers feel comfortable no matter what their technical understanding may be.
- Completes necessary requirements to reach Apple Product Professional (APP) status.
- Translates “Technobabble” into layman’s terms.
- Develops a “Total Solution” based on the customer’s individual needs.
- Drives customer loyalty by educating our guests of the many ways MacAuthority can support them before, during, and after the sale.
- Works with incredibly talented people selling the coolest products on earth.
Mac Service Writer:
What we’re looking for:
- Solid background in hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Extensive knowledge of Apple Mac OS X.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Windows (preferred but not required).
- Some knowledge of Linux (preferred but not required).
- Solid understanding of mainstream software packages, hardware, and the relationship between the two.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good command of oral and written communication (we take a LOT of notes!).
- Perform independently and in a group setting.
- Lift and move computers, monitors, etc. (up to around 50 pounds).
- Aptitude for, and interest in, learning new technologies.
What a Service Technician does:
- Fields/returns calls; explains policies and provides advice to customers.
- Talks to customers in the store to determine nature and extent of computer-related problems.
- Performs basic hardware and software diagnostics.
- Prepares evaluations of hardware and/or software, and recommends improvements or upgrades.
- Operates internal POS/SRO system(s) and follows correct procedures.
- Reads, comprehends and operates under the guidelines set forth by Apple in the Service Program Manual.
- Completes and maintains all certification requirements to be an Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT).
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor while representing the company.
Pay begins at $9 an hour
Full time and part time positions available.
Please apply at http://www.macauthority.com/jobs/apply
11/24/14…………Part Time Clerical Assistant
Established business three miles from campus has an immediate part time clerical opening in accounts payable/finance. Duties include, but are not limited to data entry, light filing, sorting mail, vendor communication, and other administrative functions. 20-25 hours per week, somewhat flexible schedule between the hours of 8-5 Monday-Friday.
Requirements include a strong sense of integrity, accurate keyboard skills, professional demeanor, flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities. $8/hour.
Please send resume with schedule availability to email@example.com for consideration.
Looking for someone to work 10 to 15 hours per week. Must be willing to visit different businesses around Chattanooga. MUST be self motivated, pleasant, friendly and patient.
You can choose to work any day during the week and MUST have a reliable car. Will work with your schedule.
To apply, please call Roger at 423-503-3584.
11/20/14…………Retail Merchandiser/Counselor – Scotts Miracle Gro
Position calls on Lowes and Home Depots in the local area.
This position maximizes sales in Home Depot and Lowes. Responsibilities include building displays, setting and stocking product on the shelf cross-merchandising and developing creative merchandising efforts.
Merchandisers and counselors are responsible for educating our consumers on the selection and use of our products for their lawn and garden needs. This may include lawn and garden education clinics, promotional events and in-aisle consumer education as needed. Most counseling activities are conducted during specific in-season weekends.
- Pay rate $11 hr
- 15-20 hours a week
- Job begins on January. Ends June or July. (no guarantee on the exact start or end date)
- Drug and background test required.
Interested candidates can contact Chris Bertani at 423 580 7544 or Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
11/19/14...........Housecleaner - East Brainerd Area
Looking for a housecleaner every other week in the East Brainerd area near Westview Elementary School. Will pay by the hour. Good pay. Will work with your schedule.
Please call Roger at (423) 503-3584 if interested.
11/18/14………..Part-Time Nanny – North Chatt
Looking for caring, responsible, experienced part-time nanny for two school-aged children (7,4). 3p-6p Mon-Fri. Potential for full-time over summer break.
Responsibilities include pick-up from school, light housework, homework, meal prep.
Background check and clean driving record.
Email resumes and references to LBF37405@gmail.com
11/18/14………..After School Help
Need someone who can pick my 9 and 7 year old children up from the school bus stop near our house, take them home, but the main thing is to do the homework with them. Prefer someone studying in education.
Starting 2nd week of January. Times are Mondays 3:15- 6:15. $40
Interested students should call or email Helen at 423-991-6614 or Helenk50@hotmail.com
11/18/14………………Spring 2015 Marketing Internship – Parkridge Medical Center
Parkridge Health System, a five-campus hospital system in Chattanooga, Tenn., is seeking an intern to assist the Marketing department in various activities for the Spring 2015 semester. This internship will give the intern valuable real-world experience and provide the Marketing team with additional administrative support.
12-16 hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
$500 stipend, to be paid upon completion of internship (Completion of minimum of 200 hours required)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in public relations and marketing efforts for various events and initiatives, possibly including graphic design and/or writing/editing press releases, news stories and promotional pieces
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist with the distribution of internal communication pieces
- Perform miscellaneous office duties
- Serve as support for the marketing team
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects on deadline
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing and project management
- Graphic design experience is highly desirable but not required.
- Candidate must be a current student pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field of study.
Interested applicants must email their resume and two (2) writing samples to Alison.Counts@HCAHealthcare.com for consideration. Candidates seeking an internship for school credit are preferred.
11/18/14………..Dinner Delivered is NOW HIRING Mobile Waiters and Restaurant Delivery Drivers!
Looking for Bright and Energetic Individuals with:
- A Neat and Clean Appearance
- A Friendly Attitude
- A Good Driving Record
- A Safe and Dependable Vehicle
- A Cell Phone with Unlimited Texting
- A GPS Device or Cell Phone GPS App
Mobile Waiters and Restaurant Delivery Drivers deliver restaurant takeout and to-go orders from over 100 of Chattanooga’s Restaurants to customers’ residences and businesses for Lunch and Dinner, 10:00am – 10:00pm daily.
Dinner Delivered is Chattanooga’s restaurant delivery service, partnered with restaurants such as: Chili’s, Mellow Mushroom, Sticky Fingers, Amigos, Taziki’s, Tony’s Pasta Shop, Noodles & Co, and Champy’s Famous Fried Chicken!
Hiring for Part-Time and Full-Time Positions:
- You can work anywhere from 15 to 70 hours a week!
- You choose which shifts you would like to work per week: Lunch, Dinner, or Both!
- You make your own schedule!
You must work at least one Friday, Saturday, or Sunday Dinner Shift per week.
Pay = $10.00 - $15.00 an hour.
You will never make less than $10.00 an hour, and you can make up to $20.00 an hour or more!
You can choose to work a variety of driving shifts each week, such as:
- 10:00am – 3:00pm for a Lunch Shift
- 11:00am – 9:00pm for a Double Shift
- 5:00pm – 10:00pm for a Dinner Shift
A variety of these shifts are possible with some Seniority and Experience. But Dinner Delivered is primarily hiring for Weekend Dinner Shifts. We are hiring for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night drivers to work from 5:00pm – 10:00pm. By driving these shifts, you can stand to make $50.00 - $100.00 a night!
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a professional resume with your applicable skills listed, along with your education and work history, and a list of 3 references to: Employment@DinnerDelivered.com
If your resume is interesting or applicable, the Dinner Delivered management supervisor will contact you for an interview to asses a presentation of your qualifications, abilities, and attitude.
11/17/14………..Childcare Workers - Brainerd Baptist Church
We need childcare workers for the following times/days:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday - BX at 8:15-11:30
- Tuesday/Thursday - Parent's Day Out at 8:45-2:00
- Wednesday - Awanas at 5:45-7:45
- Parent's Night Out - 5:45-10:15
- Saturday Night - 4:45-7:45 (2 different shifts)
- Sunday Morning Service - 8:15 - 12:45 (3 different shifts)
- Other events that come about.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com.
11/14/14…………… Part Time Mover / Driver (non-CDL) – Two Men and a Truck
5959 Shallowford Road, Chattanooga, TN | 423.893.3450
Launch your career with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® as a mover/driver and discover the opportunities for growth into a mover/driver position, office position or movement to other franchises. At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® your opportunities for growth are endless. More than one quarter of our franchise owners originally started as employees in our system!
As a mover/driver, you will have a partner and together provide a world class customer service experience in the handling of each customer's possessions. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine general labor with their customer service talents.
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings
- Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walk-through of the premises
- Communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing; comfortably interface with customer
- Assist driver with truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Share responsibility with the driver in accurately completing paperwork and payment collection
- Because moving is stressful, we seek candidates with a commitment to customer service and an appreciation for variety in your job!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Experience in the fields of general labor, landscaping, construction or warehouse helpful
- Strong logic and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of dollars, weight measurement, volume, distance and time)
- Stamina to lift heavy items (100 lbs or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
Apply online at http://careers.twomenandatruck.com/
11/13/14………Zaxby’s is Hiring!
Zaxby’s is now hiring cooks and cashiers for various area locations. Zaxby’s team members enjoy great benefits including:
- Monthly bonus program
- Paid vacation
- Tuition assistance
- 401k program
- Employee referral program
- Employee incentive plan
Interested in working at Zaxby’s? Apply in person at any of the locations below between the hours of 2pm and 5pm only:
- 4815 Hwy 58, Chattanooga
- 7643 E. Brainerd Road, Chattanooga
- 8884 Old Lee Hwy, Ooltewah
- 2541 Battlefield Pkwy, Ft. Oglethorpe
- 623 Signal Mountain Road, Chattanooga
- 9347 Springfield Road, Soddy Daisy
11/11/14……….Spring or Summer 2015 Internships and Co-Op Positions in Project Management – Hodges & Hicks
Location: Roswell, GA
Who is Hodges & Hicks?
Hodges & Hicks is a privately owned general contractor based in Atlanta, GA that primarily focuses on large commercial work at private schools, churches, hospitals, data centers, and office buildings. Hodges & Hicks was built around its hard-working , dedicated employees and continues to attract the best talent in the construction industry.
Who is Hodges & Hicks looking to Hire?
Hodges & Hicks is a growing company, looking to strengthen and expand by hiring young, capable, and motivated individuals. As an employee, you will learn about the full construction process through a combination of experiences in the field and the office, serving in preconstruction or project management. Long term growth with Hodges & Hicks combines large scale opportunities as a project manager, estimator or superintendent with a young and ambitious professional atmosphere.
- Spring or Summer of 2015, full-time and part-time positions available.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are welcome to apply.
- Construction Management Students are encouraged to apply
- Students will work along side project managers on several different projects to develop a wide range of experience and project management skills.
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Premium Players Know How To Win....They Start By Joining The Right Team!!!!
The Finish Line is a premium specialty athletic retailer with a strong track record of success! We operate over 660 stores across the country and online at www.finishline.com. We offer a premium work environment that encourages you to move at the speed of change in a fast-paced, high energy and dynamic culture! If you are looking to collaborate with top industry talent and best in class brands, then an exciting career may await you!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with the coolest shoes and sports apparel on the planet? If so, here is your chance. Finish Line is looking to draft new players to our winning team. As a Sales Associate for Finish Line, not only will you get to work with the season’s hottest new gear, you will be joining a company that is growing, stable, and empowers its employees.
Here are a few of the duties and responsibilities you can expect as a Sales Associate with Finish Line:
- Assisting customers to provide a premium shopping experience.
- Assist customers during their checkout by working the POS (Point Of Sale) equipment and or answering and questions.
- Ensuring stockroom and store appearance is up to Company standards.
- Maintains Company standards regarding personal sales metrics.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 8 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
Interested applicant can apply at www.Finishline.com
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, dependable person to care for and interact with two yr. olds. Monday - Friday, 2:00p-6:15p.
Applicant must be experienced with young children and truly enjoy them. Experience in a center setting is preferred.
Due to the health risks associated with third-hand smoke, we DO NOT HIRE SMOKERS. Tennessee DHS requires that you are over 18, have a high school diploma, and submit to a TBI background screening.
Please reply by email to Penny Horton at email@example.com with your history of your experience/work with children.
11/11/14…………Servers, Bartender and Cook Needed – Jefferson’s
Jefferson’s located at 618 Georgia Avenue across from the courthouse (just a short walk from UTC) has immediate openings for Servers, Bartender and Cook.
Apply in person!
11/10/14……..Server – Fresh Pot Café, Hixson
Fresh Pot Café is a family owned and operated restaurant located on HWY 153 Hixson, TN (Next to Planet Fitness). We have a part-time server position open that we need to fill IMMEDIATELY
We are looking for an individual that is motivated, energetic, and loves to interact with costumers. Restaurant or costumer service experience preferred but not required.
We are looking for somebody that is available to work Monday through Thursday from 10:30am to 2pm.
Applicants can pick up an application Monday through Friday from 2:30pm to 5:00pm.
11/10/14...........Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom at Northgate Mall Now Hiring!
The Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom has several great job openings at their new Northgate Mall location! They are looking for team members who will proudly represent the Old Chicago brand with a positive, high-energy attitude and who will help the team provide an exceptional dinging experience to their guests - EVERY GUEST, EVERY TIME!
Apply online at www.oldchicagojobs.com today!
10/22/14……SPRING 2015 Internships at TVA
TVA has the following internships available for Spring 2015
- Computer Science Internship
- Business Internship
- Accounting/Finance Internship
- Engineer Internship
To apply go to http://www.tva.com/employment/jobs.htm. MUST APPLY BY 12/28/14.