Full Time Job Listings
7/22/14………Digital Sales Account Executive – WDEF-TV
WDEF-TV in Chattanooga, TN seeks outgoing, energetic full time Digital Sales STAR. This person is responsible for day to day sales of our digital production portfolio. A high volume of phone and face to face calls is required daily. Must be an excellent communicator, highly computer literate and passionate about the value of digital media. MOST of all, this person needs to know how to SELL!
Compensation package includes company health and 401K benefits. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required. College degree or related experience required. Must pass pre-employment background and drug screening.
Send cover letter and references with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 423-785-1271 or mail to Human Resources: WDEF-TV, 3300 Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408. NO PHONE CALLS.
7/22/14…………Positions at the Chattanoogan Hotel
The Chattanoogan Hotel has the following full and part time positions available:
- Room Attendant
- PBX/Front Desk Agent
- Guest Service Attendant/Valet Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Prep/ Line Cook
- Restaurant/Bar Supervisor
- Pastry Cook
Interested applicants can apply online at http://www.benchmark-careers.com/jobs/where/Chattanooga,%20Tennessee
7/18/14………..Salesperson - North Georgia Radio Group, LP
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Position Highlights: Full Time Position (Approximately 40 Hours Weekly)
- Previous Sales Experience Desirable but Not Required.
- Reliable Transportation with Insurance Required.
- Female and Minority Applications Encouraged.
Contact: Larry Gibson at email@example.com
613 Silver Circle
P.O. Box 1284
PH: (706) 278-5511 Ext. 114
FAX: (706) 226-8766
North Georgia Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
7/17/14..........Head Start Teacher - Dalton, GA
Teacher position opened for Head Start program in Dalton, GA. ; minimum required is an AA in Early Childhood Education and experience working with children.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7/17/14………..Executive Assistant - City of Chattanooga
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 07/21/14 at 4:30 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $34,201.00 - $43,293.00 Annually
Incumbents in this classification are responsible for providing responsible and confidential support to a member of senior management. Duties include directly responding to citizen inquiries and complaints; screening calls, handling issues and providing access to senior manager; planning, coordinating and attending special events and meetings on behalf of senior manager; may assist with grant writing, preparing reports and other special projects as designated by senior manager. Work is performed with limited supervision.
***THIS IS AN APPOINTED POSITION. INCUMBENT EMPLOYED AT WILL OF THE ADMINISTRATOR.***
WORK LOCATION: Fire Administration, 910 Wisdom Street
Examples of Duties:
- May serve as lead to or supervise assigned administrative support staff which may include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
- Provides responsible and confidential support to a member of senior management which may include responding to citizen inquiries and complaints; screening calls, handling issues and providing access to senior manager; planning, coordinating and attending special events and meetings on behalf of senior manager; attending grievance hearings; serving as a liaison between senior manager and department staff and citizens and/or performing other related activities.
- Prepares, processes, receives, sorts and distributes a variety of reports, lists, statistical data, correspondence, exams, packets, payments, job costing data, credit card billings, payroll information, receipts, purchase orders, requisitions, travel requests, expense reports, invoices, collections, check requests, deliveries and/or other related information.
- Creates a variety of written business documents which may include correspondence, reports, memos, notices, forms, contracts, ordinances, resolutions, warrants, bids, work orders, notices, certificates, schedules, meeting agendas and minutes and/or other related materials.
- Prepares presentation materials.
- Coordinates or processes administrative activities of assigned programs or functions including serving as liaison to the general public in explaining department operations and providing general assistance, handling routine or specialized department functions or problems and referring complex or difficult issues.
- Provides administrative support which includes preparing and proofing reports, forms and correspondence; updating internal manuals; monitoring the accuracy and implementation of applicable website and related updates; making travel arrangements; maintaining calendars; overseeing and maintaining office filing system and records; prescreening mail; answering and monitoring phones; taking and transmitting messages and/or performing other related duties.
- Maintains a variety of contact lists, resource lists, logs, maps, calendars, deadline dates, meeting dates and/or other related items.
- Prepares for staff, Board and/or Commission meetings and/or special events which includes preparing meeting agendas and packets; publicizing meetings; recording meeting activities; transcribing and disseminating meeting minutes; scheduling; preparing and disseminating invitations, meeting announcements, legal ads and public notices; coordinating and assembling applicable materials; setting up rooms; ordering meals and snacks; receiving attendance confirmations and/or performing other related activities.
- Responds to routine and sensitive requests for information and assistance; provides information regarding applicable rules, policies and regulations; certifies official city council records; researches and resolves concerns and complaints from internal and external customers; refers inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels within assigned area of responsibility; requisitions supplies to ensure availability in support of efficient departmental operations.
- Participates in monitoring departmental budgets and processing and maintaining related documents and records.
- Coordinates and processes purchasing requests for equipment, materials, parts, supplies, services and/or other applicable items.
- Organizes and maintains a variety of files including creating and maintaining confidential department/employee files and regulatory files; files documents alphabetically, numerically or by other prescribed methods.
- Participates in developing, preparing and tracking a variety of fiscal documents and information which may include budgets, contracts, grants, credit card purchases, petty cash, expenditures, deposits, cash sales and/or other related items.
- Assists in designing and maintaining web page(s) in assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in the implementation of new software applications; trains users on utilizing software.
- Performs a variety of research related to assigned area of responsibility; compiles findings and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Assists with budget preparation, reconciliation and administration activities.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and conference registrations for senior management and/or other applicable staff.
- May provide Notary Public services.
- May assist with grant writing, specialized report preparation and other special projects as designated by senior manager in support of efficient and effective department operations.
- May be required to use, carry and answer their cell phone as determined by their job duties and the department head.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; some related college coursework, and four years increasingly responsible administrative support experience.
Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/chattanooga/default.cfm
All employees must maintain Tennessee residency from the date of hire.
The City of Chattanooga, Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
7/15/14………….Lifestyle Consultant Position (Front Desk and Sales) - Massage Heights
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer services
- Take charge for every Guest's Massage Heights experience
- Use suggestive selling skills to build every sale
- Schedule new and return appointments based on Guest preferences
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with Team Members
- Take pride and accountability in all aspects of your job
- $8 per hour
- Commissions is $5- $10 on every membership sale, 3% of personal gross sales on Memberships, and 5% -10% of personal retail sales.
- Bonus Potential is $3,000 annually.
- Note that the hourly wage is $8 an hour however; you have potential to make a lot more than that if you up sell!
**Looking for someone who is willing to stay and grow with the business. Management positions are open. **
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights and weekends.
- Willingness to learn and work well with others.
- Costumer Service & Sales experience is a plus!
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with Millennium Software is a plus!
- Hours & Shifts Available:
- Full time and Part time positions available.
- We are open Monday - Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday 9am-7pm and Sunday 10am- 6pm.
- Shifts available are, morning 8am-3pm and evening 3pm-9pm.
Please call 423.227.0839 and leave a voicemail telling a little bit about yourself
and why you would be a good fit for this position. Also, please apply by emailing
Gunbarrel@massageheights.com and sending your cover letter, resume and any references. You may also submit your
resume in person! If Massage Heights wishes to move forward with any candidates who apply then someone
will be in contact via email.
To learn more about Massage Heights please visit our website at www.massageheights/chattanooga.com
7/11/14………..Administrative Assistant – Downtown Law Firm
Small Chattanooga law firm seeks administrative assistant, 30+ hours a week.
Tasks would include answering the telephone, billing and document preparation support, and client communications.
$9 to $10 an hour commensurate with experience. Daytime hours are required but some scheduling flexibility is available.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com BEFORE July 25, 2014
7/9/14...........Check Out Clerk
Full time check out person needed to work in a busy medical practice. Must be a non-smoker, able to multi-task, very detail-oriented and organized.
We are looking for a professional who is responsible & dependable to handle phones, schedule appts., verify insurance, etc. Previous medical office experience required.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7/7/14…………Named Account Executive - Chattanooga, Tennessee & Tri-Cities, Tennessee
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. has exciting opportunities for both entry-level and experienced Copier / Printer / Software outside sales representatives!!
For entry-level candidates, we are seeking talented individuals with limited sales experience but with a genuine interest in building a lucrative and personally rewarding career in sales, from the ground up. This is an extremely good opportunity for the right individual with an outgoing personality and the ability to set and achieve goals.
For seasoned, candidates with proven sales experience, we offer sales programs and a career path that will keep you challenged and growing. All success is well rewarded!
These outside business-to-business sales opportunities include responsibility to:
- Meet or exceed monthly sales objectives.
- Provide customers with the highest standard of customer service through follow up contact and consultation after the sale to protect and grow market share in assigned territory.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all necessary departments to ensure sales are generated and are processed efficiently to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Contacts cold and warm prospective customers through a combination of telephone and in person contacts to obtain appointments for sales meetings.
- Closes sales, gathers all detailed information, and develops a sales plan for the account.
Specific requirements for Sales positions are:
- A degree is preferred but outside sale experience will be considered.
- History of success (prior sales experience, grades, part time employment, internships, awards, etc.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Effective customer relations skills- you need to be a person who enjoys working with people.
- A driven, decisive, organized and results oriented approach.
- Strong knowledge of general office computing.
- PC hardware and software expertise.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Experienced salespersons will be asked to provide details about their sales successes.
Konica Minolta offers an attractive compensation package, which includes:
- Excellent salary, commissions, bonuses and expense allowance.
- Outstanding benefits package (incl. medical, dental, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Excellent holiday/vacation plans.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- State-of-the-art office products
- Visible, exciting work supporting the sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
The starting salary is between $30,000 and $35,000 per year depending on qualifications. Commissions at plan can make this at 1st year $50,000+ per year position with a huge upside potential. That is realistic. Most executives that stay in their roll for 5+ years realize a $75,000+ /year opportunity.
Interested applicants may send their resumes to Gary Gill at email@example.com
Konica Minolta is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D Committed to Affirmative Action.
7/3/14..............Full-Time and Part-Time Mobile Waiters and Restaurant Delivery Drivers - Dinner Delivered
Dinner Delivered is Chattanooga’s restaurant delivery service, partnered with restaurants such as: Mellow Mushroom, Sticky Fingers, Amigos, El Meson, Tony’s Pasta Shop, and Champy’s Famous Fried Chicken!
Mobile Waiters and Restaurant Delivery Drivers deliver restaurant takeout and to-go orders from over 80 of Chattanooga’s Restaurants to customers’ residences and businesses for Lunch and Dinner, 10:00am – 10:00pm daily.
- You can work anywhere from 15 to 90 hours a week!
- You choose which shifts you would like to work per week: Lunch, Dinner, or Both!
- You make your own schedule!
- You must work at least one Friday, Saturday, or Sunday Dinner Shift per week.
Pay: $10.00 - $15.00 an hour.
You will never make less than $10.00 an hour, and you can make up to $20.00 an hour!
Looking for Bright and Energetic Individuals with:
- Neat and Clean Appearance
- Friendly Attitude
- Good Driving Record
- Safe and Dependable Vehicle
- Cell Phone with Unlimited Texting
- GPS Device or Cell Phone GPS App
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a professional resume with applicable skills listed, along with education and work history, and a list of 3 references to:Employment@DinnerDelivered.com
If your resume is interesting or applicable, the Dinner Delivered management supervisor will contact you for an interview to asses a presentation of your qualifications, abilities, and attitude.
For more information, or to see how the service works, view our website at www.DinnerDelivered.com, and check out the FAQ.
7/2/14………..Full and Part Time Jobs at Gander Mountain
If you are experienced in the outdoors and dedicated to helping customers create outdoor memories then Gander Mtn is looking for you!
Gander Mtn is scheduled to open this fall and is located at 5756 Hwy 153 in Chattanooga. They have the following opportunities available:
- Customer service/cashier
- BATF Associate
Embrace the Spirit of the Outdoors by applying online at http://careers.gandermountain.com
7/1/14……..Full-Time Assistant Wanted, Toddler Classroom, The Montessori School, Chattanooga, TN
The person in this position assists a Head Teacher with the care of 13 children, aged 14-months to 2 1/2years.
Hours/Salary: 8AM-4PM,Monday-Friday, $10-11 hour, depending on experience
Requirements for job: a love of small children; ability to lift small children; anopenness to the Montessori philosophy; a willingness to be closely supervised; a willingness to work the school year and the 10-week summer term, long-term commitment needed.
Qualifications needed: high school diploma, Montessori and college experience preferred; classroom experience in an early childhood setting preferred; effective communication skills needed, both oral and written.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: The Montessori School, 300 Montessori Way, Chattanooga, TN 37404, attn. Toddler Director or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7/1/14………… Retail Sales Representative – Verizon Wireless
We're Hiring! Verizon is Looking for Top Talent in the Chattanooga, TN Area with excellent communication
and interpersonal skills to create engaging and memorable in store experiences.
Who we are
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation’s most reliable wireless network, serving over 90 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture between Verizon Communications and Vodafone.
What we offer our Retail Sales Representatives
Beyond a progressive environment, we offer exceptional earnings potential and a comprehensive benefits plan featuring:
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and 401K available on your first day of employment
- Award-winning employee training and career development programs
- Tuition Assistance
- Discount Employee Phone Program
- Life Insurance
- Monthly commission is paid based on sales attainment
- Performance-based yearly incentive/bonus pay
- Incentives for various shifts and/or holiday work
Retail Sales Representative Job Description
Our Retail Sales Representatives work in a fast-paced, intense, results-oriented environment. The main responsibilities are selling devices, accessories, and calling plans; calling existing customers to inform them of available product or service upgrades; learning about new products; role playing to practice your sales skills; and coaching new employees.
Submit Resumes to: Susie.Neely@vzw.com for more information about starting a career with a best-in-class employer.
6/24/14………College Financial Representative Internship – Northwestern Mutual
Like Financial Representatives, interns strive to understand their clients' goals and visions in order to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to success. Financial Representative interns are in business for themselves- but they're not alone to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to success.
Looking for Sophomore, Junior, Senior students majoring in: Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Business Administration: Accounting, Business Administration: Entrepreneurship, Business Administration: Finance, Business Administration: General Mgmt., Business Administration: Marketing, Communication, Economics
Must have a minimum GPA of 2.00
To apply for this position, candidates must submit a resume to the Career & Student Employment Center’s eRecruiting website. How to submit a resume with eRecruiting: Go to the Career Center web site: www.utc.edu/career Look under the Links on the left column, click on “Register with eRecruiting” and read the instructions before clicking on “Create an Account”. Complete your profile and upload your resume in the documents section. You will now be able to search for the job and apply for the position by submitting your resume to the job in the system.