Music Scholarships & Financial Aid
Harold J. Cadek Memorial Scholarships
The funds providing Cadek Conservatory scholarships are gifts from long-time friends
and supporters of the Conservatory. The Cadek Conservatory offers scholarships to
students demonstrating outstanding ability and accomplishment on an instrument or
voice. Auditions are held each spring and all scholarship awards are contingent upon
the applicants' enrollment at the Cadek Conservatory of Music at UTC for the entire
academic year immediately following the auditions. There are two audition categories,
Incentive, for less advanced students and Achievement, for advanced students. Scholarship
awards are applied to a student's Cadek Conservatory tuition only. All other fees
must be paid by the student. Scholarship award amounts range from $60 to $1,000.
Audition scholarship applications become available February 1st. To apply:
2015-2016 scholarship application
- Applications must contain the audition pieces recommended by their current music instructor
and signed by the instructor.
- Applications for anyone under the age of 18 years must be signed by the student and
parent or guardian.
- A $10 application fee is required at time application is submitted.
- Incentive Category - only currently registered Cadek Conservatory students may participate. Awards range
- Achievement Category - for advanced students from Cadek Conservatory and any non-professional students
from throughout the community. Awards range from $200-$1,000.
- All awards are applied toward lessons at the Cadek Conservatory of Music for the
entire academic year, the fall and spring terms.
- First round of auditions will be held on Sunday, April 19, 2015, at 1:00 PM. Second round of auditions will be held on Sunday, April 26, 2015, at 1:00PM. If you wish to participate, please contact your instructor as soon as possible so
they may begin preparing your audition pieces.
- No refunds or transfers of scholarship awards are allowed. Awards will become void
if student/parent requests to change instructors.
- Deadline for applications is April 1st.
- Deadline for recipients to return acceptance letters is June 15th.
- All recipients must register with the Cadek Conservatory of Music by registration
deadline in August of each year.
top apply for scholarship
Financial Aid (Need-Based) Scholarships
Annually, a limited number of need-based scholarships are available to currently registered
Conservatory students. Awards vary depending on each applicant's need.
- Financial aid applications become available in the Cadek Conservatory office and online May 1st each year.
- Applications require a financial statement from the head of household and a letter of recommendation from the student's current instructor.
- Applicants are required to provide documentation of family income (tax records or
- Applications must be signed by parent, guardian, if student is under 18 years of age
or if student is a dependent of someone other than self.
- No refunds or transfers of scholarship awards are allowed. Awards will become void if student/parent requests to change instructors.
- Deadline for financial aid applications is July 1st or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
Additional Scholarship Policy:
- Scholarship funds are limited and some applications may be declined due to lack of
funds. All scholarship recipients are required to complete the entire academic award
year or recipient will be required to return all scholarship funds received for current
academic year (all terms), and may incur additional penalties or processing fees.
- Deadlines determine the date on which unclaimed scholarship awards are permanently rescinded for the entire academic year and qualification cannot be reinstated. These awards become null and void!
- No refunds or transfers of ANY scholarship awards are allowed.
- Awards will become void if student/parent requests to change instructors.
top apply for scholarship