Music Scholarships & Financial Aid
Harold J. Cadek Memorial Scholarships
- Applications must contain the audition pieces recommended by their current music instructor and signed by the instructor.
- Applications for anyone under the age of 18 years must be signed by the student and parent or guardian.
- A $10 application fee is required at time application is submitted.
- Incentive Category - only currently registered Cadek Conservatory students may participate. Awards range from $60-$150.
- Achievement Category - for advanced students from Cadek Conservatory and any non-professional students from throughout the community. Awards range from $200-$1,000.
- All awards are applied toward lessons at the Cadek Conservatory of Music for the entire academic year, the fall and spring terms.
- First round of auditions will be held on Sunday, April 19, 2015, at 1:00 PM. Second round of auditions will be held on Sunday, April 26, 2015, at 1:00PM. If you wish to participate, please contact your instructor as soon as possible so they may begin preparing your audition pieces.
- No refunds or transfers of scholarship awards are allowed. Awards will become void
if student/parent requests to change instructors.
- Deadline for applications is April 1st.
- Deadline for recipients to return acceptance letters is June 15th.
- All recipients must register with the Cadek Conservatory of Music by registration deadline in August of each year.
Financial Aid (Need-Based) Scholarships
- Financial aid applications become available in the Cadek Conservatory office and online May 1st each year.
- Applications require a financial statement from the head of household and a letter of recommendation from the student's current instructor.
- Applicants are required to provide documentation of family income (tax records or 1040 forms).
- Applications must be signed by parent, guardian, if student is under 18 years of age or if student is a dependent of someone other than self.
- No refunds or transfers of scholarship awards are allowed. Awards will become void if student/parent requests to change instructors.
- Deadline for financial aid applications is July 1st or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
Additional Scholarship Policy:
- Scholarship funds are limited and some applications are declined due to lack of funds. All scholarship recipients are required to complete the entire academic award year or recipient will be required to return all scholarship funds received for current academic year (all terms), and may incur additional penalties or processing fees.
- Deadlines determine the date on which unclaimed scholarship awards are permanently rescinded for the entire academic year and qualification cannot be reinstated. These awards become null and void!
- No refunds or transfers of ANY scholarship awards are allowed.
- Awards will become void if student/parent requests to change instructors.