- Applications must contain the audition pieces recommended by their current music instructor and signed by the instructor.
- Applications for anyone under the age of 18 years must be signed by the student and parent or guardian.
- A $12 application fee is required at time application is submitted.
- Achievement Category - for advanced students from Cadek Conservatory and any non-professional students from throughout the community. Awards range from $225-$1,050. There are two rounds of auditions. Preliminary auditions will be held on the Sunday before the last Sunday in April, at 1:00 PM. Final auditions will be held on the last Sunday in April, at 1:00 PM.
- Incentive Category - only currently registered Cadek Conservatory students may participate. Awards range from $65-$160. Auditions will be held on the fourth Sunday in April at 1:00 PM.
- All awards are applied toward tuition at the Cadek Conservatory of Music for the entire academic year, the fall and spring terms. One-half of each award is applied to the tuition of each term.
- No refunds or transfers of scholarship awards are allowed. Awards will become void
if student/parent requests to change instructors.
- Deadline for all applications is April 1.
- Deadline for recipients to return acceptance letters is June 1.
- All recipients must register with the Cadek Conservatory of Music by the deadline of August 1, each year.
- Recipients should contact the Continuing Education Dept. at 423.425.4344 or email@example.com, before registering, to confirm their award amount and account balance. An active email address is required for registration.
- If you wish to participate, please contact your instructor as soon as possible so they may begin preparing your audition pieces.
Harold J. Cadek Memorial Scholarships
The funds providing Cadek Conservatory scholarships are gifts from long-time friends and supporters of the Conservatory. The Cadek Conservatory offers scholarships to students demonstrating outstanding ability and accomplishment on an instrument or voice. Auditions are held each spring and all scholarship awards are contingent upon the applicants' enrollment at the Cadek Conservatory of Music at UTC for the entire academic year, immediately following the auditions. There are two audition categories, Incentive, for less advanced students and Achievement, for advanced students. Scholarship awards are applied to a student's Cadek Conservatory tuition only. All other fees must be paid by the student. Scholarship award amounts range from $65 to $1,050. Audition scholarship applications become available February 1st. To apply:
Financial Aid (Need-Based) Scholarships
Annually, a limited number of need-based scholarships are available to currently registered Conservatory students. Awards vary depending on each applicant's need.
- Financial aid applications become available in the Cadek Conservatory office and online May 1st each year, for currently registered Cadek Conservatory students only.
- Applications require a financial statement from the head of household and a letter of recommendation from the student's current instructor.
- Applicants are required to provide documentation of family income (tax records or 1040 forms).
- Applications must be signed by parent, guardian, if student is under 18 years of age or if student is a dependent of someone other than self.
- No refunds or transfers of scholarship awards are allowed. Awards will become void if student/parent requests to change instructors.
- Deadline for financial aid applications is June 10th or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
Additional Scholarship Policy:
- Scholarship funds are limited and some applications may be declined if funds are exhausted before the deadlines. All scholarship recipients are required to complete the entire academic award year or recipient will be required to return all scholarship funds received for current academic year (all terms), and may incur additional penalties or processing fees.
- Deadlines determine the date on which unclaimed scholarship awards are permanently rescinded for the entire academic year and qualification cannot be reinstated. These awards become null and void!
- No refunds or transfers of ANY scholarship awards are allowed.
- Awards will become void if student/parent requests to change instructors.