Welcome from Dr. Richard Brown, Executive Vice Chancellor for Finance, Operations & IT.
Staying true to the planning principle of "protecting the quality of instruction" has proven to be a sound strategy for ensuring campus progress and achievement here at UTC. As we look forward to next year's budget, the UTC spirit of collaborative planning, shared vision, and strategic alignment of resources have positioned us to attain continuous quality improvement, enrollment growth, and "financial rebalancing" that support the delivery of exceptional academic instruction—our core mission.
We enter the 2013-14 budget planning process more efficient and operationally confident in our ability to deliver the highest value to our students and citizens of this region. The primary financial planning focus for 2012-13 and beyond will be to align resources for attainment of Top 5 Southern public master's level universities ranking.
To accomplish this goal, we need your input and involvement. Department heads and division leaders have been instructed to offer opportunities for feedback from their staffs on budget priorities within their respective areas. As each unit completes this process, these priorities and goals will be carried forward within each division for further discussion until all division heads will eventually bring forward a comprehensive budget proposal for their areas.
To stimulate conversations in some specific areas, we invite you to read the budget planning documents linked below. Then give us your thoughts on the questions below—or suggest your own topic for consideration. Please know that your comments can be submitted confidentially unless you choose to include your name on the submission form below.
2013-14 Budget Documents
Other Budget Documents
Give your thoughts through BudgetChatt
- A list of future financial priorities for 2013-14 has been identified. Please give us your thoughts regarding these budget items. What might have been overlooked?
- How important is compensation planning and fiscal allocations support?
- Comparing UTC's relative position with its peers regarding tuition and fees, what should our strategy be in terms of tuition and fee increases and budget planning?
- Any suggestions on how to lower utility costs?
- Should operating budgets receive higher priorities?
Your guidance and involvement is crucial to the success of this planning effort. If you have any other comments, please feel free to email me at Richard-Brown@utc.edu.