TOP TEN THINGS
YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
BANNER AT UTC
- Access to Banner (INB or Forms); BDMS (Imaging); Automic, formerly known as UC4, (Scheduler);
and Argos (Reporting) is requested by the Director/Dean of your area by submitting
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request is reviewed and determined if further approval is needed. Self-service
Banner access is requested through the Records Office by completing the training authorization form. The name, UTCID, and access requested should be included in the email. Access
to each component is setup separately and should be requested specifically.
- Luminis is the user interface portal, which is MyMocsNet. Once a person has an Entity
Account, MyMocsNet can be used to get to Banner and related technologies using the
links on the Home tab.
- The UTC Data Standards Manual is located on the Banner2008\General Person\Data Standards
shared drive or may be requested from the Banner Office. The Banner system flow process
document is located under Banner2008\General Person. Requested access to the shared
drive should be done by emailing email@example.com.
- Banner has several instances. The CBANPR is the production instance. The CBANQA
is the quality assurance instance and used for short term testing. The CBANQA instance
is generally copied from the CBANPR instance on Sunday nights. The CBANDV instance
is the development instance and used for longer term testing. The CBANDV instance
is generally copied from PR when the Institution is preparing for testing for upgrades.
Both QA and DV are test instances, one is for shorter term testing, one is for longer
- Requesting a report or support for Banner or related technologies is done by sending
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Argos has datablocks and reports. Datablocks tie data together and reports list the
data. Most users will only run reports. Datablocks have a blue block beside the
name with a naming scheme of ODS or BDB. ODS means the data is retrieved from the
Operational Data Store meaning the data is as of 3:00AM the day it is accessed. BDB
means the data is retrieved from the database real time. Reports have a magnifying
glass or paper with quotes or FIX icons beside them. The magnifying glass means it
is a quick view report meaning it will show you data on the screen and if you want
to export it, you may do so by right clicking. The paper with quotes is the most commonly
created report, which creates a file that may be used in Excel. The FIX report type
is for fixed length files.
- Banner Forms (INB) naming conventions are usually broken into four sections.
- Character 1- determines “System”
- Character 2-determines “Module”
- Character 3-determines “Type of Form”
- Characters 4-7 Describes form
- SFAREGS – Student Registration Application Registration
- RTVAPRD-Financial Aid Validation Application (Banner uses R for financial aid)
- SFIWDRL-Student Registration Inquiry Withdrawal
- SAAADMS-Student Admissions Application Admissions Application
- TSAAREV-Accounts Receivable Student Application Detail Review (Banner users T for
- An Argos report which lists all forms with a short description has been created. It
is located under Banner Production\Banner Core\BDB_Forms_RBumpus.BDB_Forms_Desc_RBumpus
- Generally, IDs are created in Banner through test score loads ( ACT or SAT), admissions
applications, financial aid application, and continuing education applications. IDs
are UTC IDs. General Person Record refers to a SPAIDEN (Banner Form) record. This
record must exist before anything else can be added to Banner. General Student Record
or Learner Record refers to a SGASTDN (Banner Form) record. This must exist before
registration may take place. A Learner Record is generally created by being admitted
to a term. Terms which end in 40 are fall terms. Terms which end in 20 are spring
terms. Terms which end in 30 are summer terms. Terms which end in 05 are Continuing
- UTC uses Banner for student data and SAP for financial and Human Resources. Some employee
data is loaded into Banner from an IRIS file. Though, employees will see this information
in Banner, employees must update their address and general information through IRIS.
Students must update their address and general information through Banner.