Advisement at UTC
Academic Advising Mission Statement
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga strives for student success and views academic advising as a vital component of the educational experience. Advising engages and empowers students to develop educational plans that will meet their academic, career, and personal goals.
Academic Advising Goals
- The University will provide accurate and accessible information about institutional policies, procedures, resources, and programs.
- Colleges and Departments will provide accurate and timely information for advisement programs and ensure all students have access to advisement resources.
- Colleges and Departments will establish clearly defined expectations for faculty, staff, and students with regard to academic advising and create fluid advising transitions between academic years.
- Students will value advisement as an integral component of their educational experience.
- Advisement will foster an environment to cultivate intellectual growth beyond the classroom and develop a professional relationship that prepares students to be responsible members of society.