All freshmen under 21 years of age must graduate with a regular diploma from an accredited
approved high school or complete a GED.
All first-time freshmen applying for admission to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
one of the following high school grade point average and ACT/SAT combinations:
2.85 high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and a minimum 18 ACT composite (870 SAT composite).
Minimum 2.5 high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and a 21 ACT composite (990 SAT composite)minimum.
(Visit our catalog for full details regarding admissions regulations)
Documents needed to complete your application:
- Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official High School transcript
- ACT or SAT scores
It will take up to three weeks to process the application once all required items are received.
First-time freshmen must also have the following minimum sixteen unit requirements:
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of math (algebra I and II, geometry and 1 additional unit)
- 3 units of lab science
- 1 unit of European history, world history, or world geography
- 2 units of the same foreign language
- 1 unit of visual or performing art
- 1 unit of American history