Below are some frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the Achieve Degree. If you don't find the answer to your question here, please email the Director, Dr. Potts at Gretchen-Potts@utc.edu.
- How do I apply for the program?
- What type of job can I get with this degree?
- How many courses do I need to take?
- Can I be a part-time student?
- What type of courses will I take?
- Will all my courses be online?
- How many students will be in my classes?
- What if I do not own a computer?
- How do I contact my professors?
- Will I get an adviser to help me schedule classes?
1. How do I apply for the program?
The application process is two steps. First you must apply to UTC as a Pre-BIS Professional Studies major. Then you must complete the secondary application. You can find access to both of these on the Apply link from the Achieve Degree website.
2. What type of job can I get with this degree?
Most students in this program will be working adults who want to complete their college education. The degree should help you to advance at work or meet your employer's need. Also, it will help you develop the ability to think critically in multiple disciplines.
3. How many courses do I need to take?
You will need to complete 120 hours to graduate. Of those 120 hours, 45 must be in the Achieve-Degree program. More detailed requirements can be found on the About link on the Achieve-Degree webpage.
5. What type of courses will I take?
Your core courses include class in communication and organizational studies. You will also take courses focused on Social Issues. A detailed list of courses can be found on About link on the Achieve-Degree webpage..
9. How do I contact my professors?
The best method is to use email. Your professor's contact information will be on the syllabus for the course. You can also find their email by going to http://people.utc.edu and typing in their name.
The program coordinator will work with you to help your select and schedule your courses so that you stay on track for your desired graduation date.