Creating a BibTeX File
1. Create a folder for saving BibTeX files
2. Create a text document in this folder by right clicking inside the window, hover over "New" and select "Text Document"
3. Name this new file after the person whose CV you are working on
4. Open an internet browser and go to https://scholar.google.com/
5. Click on "Sign In" at the top right of the page
6. Type in your utcID followed by @mocs.utc.edu. (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Select "Next"
8. Type in your UTCID and password
9. Select "LOGIN"
10. In the search engine provided, type in the full name of an individual and the title of the first published work as indicated on their Curriculum Vita
11. Select the search icon
12. Locate the correct publication if more than one result is found.
13. Select "Save"
14. Repeat steps 9-12 until you have saved all available publications listed on the Curriculum Vita
15. Return to the google scholar homepage by selecting "Scholar" (left-hand corner of page) or by going to https://scholar.google.com/
16. Click on "My Library"
17. Locate and select the citations that you collected in steps 9-12 by clicking on the checkboxes next to each
18. Click on the Export icon located at the top right of the page
19. Choose "BibTeX"
20. Select all, (highlight all content) and copy (Ctrl + C)
21. Go the BibTeX folder and locate the BibTeX file you created in step 2
22. Paste (Ctrl + V) the information copied in step 20 into this window
23. Save the file