Ruth S. Holmberg Grant for Faculty Excellence
The Provost is seeking applications for the Ruth S. Holmberg Grant for Faculty Excellence program. Tenure and tenure-track faculty are eligible to apply. Requested funding must address one of the areas noted below:
- Faculty Development, Training and Travel to ensure recipients are scholars at the cutting-edge of their field or discipline.
- Buy-outs for course releases to support time for research and special projects. Funding could be used to pay an adjunct teacher so the faculty member would be free to pursue research or innovative projects.
- Faculty grants to tenure track or tenured faculty that promote innovative or creative research and engagement, or advancement of an academic discipline.
Numbers 1 and 2 above are more focused on beginning or junior faculty, while number 3 offers opportunities to faculty who are not junior in their careers.
Proposals should be no longer than five (5) pages and should include the following information:
- The purpose or focus of the professional development, scholar activity, research, etc.
- Justification and rationale for the activity.
- A description of how the activity will advance the professional/scholarly career of the applicant.
- Expected outcomes and how outcomes will be assessed or validated.
- Funding request (budget) and justification.
Proposals must be submitted to Jennifer-Faires@utc.edu, no later than 12:00 p.m. on March 21, 2017 for consideration for funding in the 2017-2018 academic year. Proposals will be evaluated by a selection committee comprised of all the college deans and a selected group of professors. Recommendations for funding will be made to the Provost, who will make final funding decisions by late April. Approximately $20,000 will be available for awarding each year. There is no set number of awards to be made each year. Only highly meritorious proposals will receive consideration and potential funding. A range of $2,000 - $5,000 will be awarded per proposal.