General Science 181 Pre-Test
SEA FLOOR SPREADING Pre Test Questions
1. True or False
According to the theory of plate tectonics, the Earth’s crust is broken into many slowly moving plates/
2. True or False
Sea floor spreading occurs at the mid-ocean ridge where two plates are moving away from each other.
3. The objective of today’s laboratory is?
4. List the apparatus used in today’s lab.
5. Label the parts of the Earth’s crust shown in the picture above.( See handout)
6.Briefly describe how we can tell that the Earth’s magnetic field has reversed over time.
7. On average, the Earth’s magnetic field reverses every several __________________________years.
8. The most recent magnetic field reversal occurred about ___________________years ago.