Send ideas for new workshops or comments to: Karen I. Adsit, EdD, Director
Last modified April 16, 2002
Copyright © 1998 The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. All
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA institution.
To introduce you to the concept of multiple intelligence, please take the following True/False Quiz.
Instructions: For each of the following statements, mark a T if the
statement is true and an F if it is false.
_____ I may not be tapping the full learning potential of my students.
_____ I sometimes wonder why certain students do not get it, even when I am doing my best teaching.
_____ I feel that many of my students know more about a topic than they demonstrate on the tests I give.
_____ I have noticed that some of my students are highly skilled in areas that are not included in the curriculum I have to teach.
_____ When I’m teaching, I often feel my students “tune me out” or seem to be “operating on a different wave length.”
_____ I worry that my teaching does not seem to stimulate my student's enough, so they have a hard time “getting on board” with their education.
_____ I have trouble keeping my students motivated and actively involved in the learning process.
_____ I often feel that I am in competition with TV, videos, rock music, and sports for the minds of my students.
1. I am a whiz at memorizing poetry and TV jingles.
2. I usually notice when other people are sad or happy.
3. I am curious about topics like the origin of time and would like to know more.
4. When in a strange area, I seldom get lost.
5. People have complimented me on the graceful manner in which I move.
6. I enjoy singing and have a very good pitch.
7. When I watch television, I prefer to watch a program like Nova or National Geographic rather than a sitcom.
8. I usually have a book or article that I am reading.
9. Learning a new dance or aerobic steps is usually easy for me.
10. I would enjoy being part of a skit or play.
11. When passing by landmarks and points of interest, I often remember events in my life related to those places.
12. I can recognize the different musical instruments in a piece of music as I listen.
13. When someone needs a map to a certain place, I usually draw a map.
14. I find it easy to mimic the movements and gestures of other people.
15. I find patterns of all kinds appealing and will often sort items into categories.
16. I find it easy to understand how I feel and why I do certain things.
17. I enjoy making up and telling stories to children and adults.
18. I am very aware of the sounds around me.
19. I often see people who remind me of other people I know.
20. I am usually a good judge of what my strengths and weaknesses are in most areas.
If you answered YES to all three questions concerning the following intelligences, you are strong in that area. Questions 1, 8, 17: Verbal/Linguistic; Questions 6, 12, 18: Musical; questions 3, 7, 15: Logical/Mathematical; questions 4, 11, 13: Spatial; Questions 5, 9, 14: Bobily/Kinesthetic; Questions 10, 16, 20: Intrapersonal; Questions 1, 10, 19: Interpersonal.
Send comments to: Karen I. Adsit, EdD, Director
Last modified: April 16, 2002
Copyright © 1996-99 The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. All rights reserved.