Planning for the 21st Century
Student Survey Items Ranked by Mean Response
- General education is a valuable part of a student's
degree program at UTC.
- Intercollegiate athletic programs are important to
- I am generally satisfied with my experience at UTC.
- UTC strongly supports gender equity.
- UTC is fortunate to be affiliated with The University
- UTC offers more small classes than most universities.
- UTC's degree programs prepare students well for jobs
and/or admission to graduate school.
- The UTC campus is clean and attractive.
- UTC faculty members are generally excellent teachers.
- UTC plans for the future.
- Students are treated with respect at UTC.
- UTC actively encourages ethnic diversity among
students, faculty, and staff.
- UTC has an excellent faculty.
- The University of Chattanooga Foundation makes a
significant impact on academic quality at UTC
- Students at UTC receive good advice from their
- Tuition and fees are reasonable at UTC.
- UTC sets high academic standards for it students.
- The Chattanooga community is very supportive of UTC.
- UTC makes a real effort to meet the needs of older
students and those who work.
- UTC tries hard to improve its programs and services
- UTC's private heritage is a major source of pride and
- UTC has a reputation for academic quality.
- UTC is committed to improving the Chattanooga
- UTC's faculty provide service which makes Chattanooga
a better place to live.
- UTC is committed to using technology to improve
- UTC places a high value on the arts.
- Students get more personal attention at UTC compared
to other colleges and universities.
- There is a strong sense of community among students,
faculty, and staff.
- UTC makes a real effort to keep students in school
until they graduate.
- UTC projects a clear vision of where it wants to go.
- UTC prepares students to use state-of-the-art
technology.I am familiar with research done by a UTC
- UTC has excellent library resources.
- I would be willing to pay higher fees for better
- The state of Tennessee provides adequate funding for
A Community Surveyed:
Hamilton County Residents Give UTC High Marks
UTC Faculty and Staff
Surveyed: State Funding, Salaries Listed as Chief Concerns
UTC Students Surveyed: Students
Satisfied with Quality of Institution
Copyright © 1997 The University of
Tennessee at Chattanooga. All rights reserved.
Last updated: April 30, 1998.
Comments to: UTC Webdude
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title
VI/TitleIX/Section 504/ADA institution.