The Office of University Relations creates and maintains the University's public image through publications, news media, advertising and marketing, and the institution's presence on the world wide web.
The Office of University Relations is responsible for the following:
- To take the many stories and activities of the University and communicate them as a consistent message of academic quality and accessibility.
- To serve as the coordinating office in communicating with internal and external audiences in crisis and emergency situations.
- To employ a variety of external media in communication of the University's stories.
- To develop and ensure the proper presentation of the University's visual image through publications and promotional materials.
- To support student recruitment, fund raising, and community awareness through marketing efforts, including advertising, publicity, publications, and other media.
- To serve as a resource for the campus in the development of marketing materials and in acquiring publicity.
- To serve as a campus resource in the planning and implementation of special events and projects as opportunities arise.
- To determine the visual image and offer content support for the University's presence on the World Wide Web.
UTC style and standards
Guidelines for writing and producing University print and online publications.