University Health Services will file the patient's health insurance for each visit. If required by the carrier, the co-pay will be due at the time of the visit. We can serve as the primay care provider if the patient contacts the insurance company to make this change. Call the number on the back of the insurance card to make these changes.
Covered Under Student Health Fee
With the initiation of the student health fee, some services are offered to all students at no cost.
University Health Services offers:
- Basic first aid supplies.
- Referrals to community agencies and services as appropriate using an established network (as insurance allows).
- Maintenance of health records, retrieval of health data from record and forward to other providers as requested by patient.
- Blood pressure monitoring, weight checks and required counseling based on findings.
- Patient friendly billing of services not covered in the above. Services will be provided to the students without delay related to obtaining insurance information.
UTC Counseling Center offers:
- Provision of health educational programs, internet health information resources/materials, video resources, and literature on a variety of health related topics.
- Provision of basic/initial health counseling (smoking cessation, diet, weight loss, stress management). Referrals will be made at no cost as indicated.
- Wellness counseling and counseling for personal problems with referrals to UTC Counseling Center as appropriate. For those problems outside the scope of the counseling center, the student will be referred to the appropriate agency.
Any lab work that is required for the continuation of patient care will be sent to a local lab for processing. These tests will be the patient’s responsibility, and will be filed to the patient's insurance carrier.
If radiographs are warranted by exam, you could possibly receive a separate billing.