Important Immunization Information
INSTRUCTIONS: This form must be completed in order to register for classes at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The health care provider’s signature or stamp must be provided in the appropriate space or a copy of medical records documenting contraindication or immunity must be attached.
RETURN TO: The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Department 1951, 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403 or FAX to (423) 425-5357.
- MMR: All students born on or after January 1, 1957 must provide proof of immunization with two doses of MMR vaccine at least 28 days apart or serology showing immunity to MMR.
- Varicella or Chickenpox: All students born on or after January 1, 1980 must provide proof of immunization with two doses of Varicella vaccine at least 28 days apart, serology showing immunity to Varicella or documentation from a medical facility verifying a previous diagnosis with the illness.
- Hepatitis B: All students must provide proof of immunization with three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or documentation of serology showing immunity to Hepatitis B virus. The State of Tennessee does allow a waiver of the requirement by completing the waiver statement on the reverse side of this form.
- Meningitis: New incoming students, who are less than 21 years of age, who will be residing in on campus housing, must have documentation of a dose of conjugate vaccine at greater than or equal to 16 years of age. Any student not residing on campus who has not received a dose of conjugate vaccine within the past 5 years may choose to be vaccinated to reduce the risk of meningococcal disease.
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm
(closed daily for lunch from 12pm – 1pm)
Friday – Sunday closed
Appointments are encouraged
Once you enter college, there are many decisions to make. One important decision is health insurance. UNITEDHEALTHCARE Insurance, working with University of Tennessee offers a student-focused health insurance plan that helps protect students. This is an option you may want to consider.
For More Information click on:
The opportunity to purchase student health insurance for the 2013-2014 academic year will begin shortly. Please watch for updates to be posted on this web site. If you would like to speak with your UTC Health Insurance Representative, please contact Carol Oglesby at 423-425-2337, email Carol-Oglesby@utc.edu.
University Health Services
Welcome to our practice! This site contains important information about practice policies and procedures and also patient responsibilities. Please read it!!
Our office operates just like any other family practice medical office. You will have paperwork to complete when you arrive, or we ask that you print it from our site and bring it completed to your appointment. You will also need to bring your insurance card!! We do file insurance for each appointment as a courtesy, but it is your responsibility to bring us your insurance information at the time of your visit. You will be expected to pay your co-pay at the time of your visit. If you do not have insurance a cash pay (self pay) discount will be given, but payment is expected at time of service.
If you cannot pay at the time of your visit, ask for arrangements to be made. NO STUDENT will be turned away for lack of payment!!
- Appointment Desk - (423) 778-9303
- Nurse Line - (423) 778-9336 Do NOT call this line for appointments.
- Mental Health Appointments through the UTC Counseling and Career Planning Center - (423) 425-4438
- Email us at email@example.com (please note: responses via email may take several days)
Feeling sick as a dog or have questions about your health? You can call Erlanger's Ask-a-Nurse!
(423) 778-MOCS (6627)
Need an Appointment?
To use our resources to the best advantage and to try and see patients promptly, we see patients who have an appointment first. Appointments can be made by calling 778-9303 after 8:30 AM and before 3:00 PM. Please call for possible schedule changes during summer and/or holiday breaks. Every effort will be made to see walk-in patients as time permits based on the severity of the problem.
To be fair and to prevent unnecessary waits for patients who are on time, patients who are late for their appointments may be asked to reschedule. In addition to arriving on time, please arrive prepared for your appointment...this includes having your insurance card and paperwork completed by your appointment time. You can find the paperwork you need by clicking on forms in the left column. You will need to PRINT the forms, complete them and bring all of the paperwork with you to UHS.
After Hours Emergencies
For after hours emergencies call the UTFP office number (778-8837).
Please do not call with routine questions. For safety, because they do not have access to your records after hours, prescriptions will not be phoned in after hours. Patients with emergencies will be referred to the Erlanger Emergency Room where they will be admitted if needed. The patient will then be followed by the physicians at UTFP.
University Health Services is located on the corner of East Third Street and Central Avenue. Our office is inside the University of Tennessee Family (UTFP) Building. During the regular school year, the MOCS shuttle will drop students, faculty and staff at a designated stop which is at Central Avenue.
UT Erlanger Sports Medicine
Whether you are an athlete or a weekend warrior, UT Erlanger Sports Medicine is here when you need us. As the exclusive provider of medical care for UTC Athletics, we can treat muscle, bone and joint problems for children and adults including:
• Treatment of fractures
• Management of back pain
• Expert care for chronic tendon problems
• Joint and soft tissue injections
• Interventional pain management with fluoroscopic guided injections
Two Convenient Locations:
UT Erlanger Sports Medicine
Erlanger Medical Mall
979 East Third Street, Suite B-200
University Health Services
1100 East Third Street, Suite 102
If you have any questions about your health care options while attending UTC and would like to speak with your UTC representative, please contact Carol Oglesby at 423-425-2337, email Carol-Oglesby@utc.edu.