Actions of Regulatory Agencies.
POLICY:In recognition of the public's concern for a safe and healthy environment, the University will comply with local, state and federal laws as related to safety and health. In complying with such regulatory agencies, the University will give its full cooperation.
PROCEDURE:The UTC Department of Safety & Risk Management is responsible for:
- The University Safety Officer will represent the campus during any visit or inspection conducted by local, state or federal regulatory agencies.
- The University's designated Radiation Safety Officer shall act as the campus' representative on all matters involving ionizing radioactive materials and in accordance with the campus' licensed use of these materials.
- Immediately reporting to campus administration as well as University Wide Administration any actual or anticipated criticism, citations or adverse findings by any regulatory agency.
- In the event of a violation which is recognized through inspection by a regulatory agency, every effort will be made to immediately remedy, correct or abate said violation.
- Immediately reporting the presence or anticipated presence of any regulatory agency on campus to the Department of Safety and Risk Management.
- Referral of any regulatory agency to the Department of Safety and Risk Management for proper University representation.