If you smell smoke or other unusual odors suggesting a possible fire, immediately call the Campus Police at 911. If you are dialing from your cell phone call 425-HELP(4357).
Cooking and Smoking are the most common causes of fire on our campus.
UTC campus buildings are equipped with fire evacuation alarms which include:
- smoke and heat alarms
- sprinkler water-flow alarms
- wall-mounted pull stations
If you hear a fire / evacuation alarm, you should evacuate the building immediately.
STEPS TO SURVIVAL:
1. Call 911 or 425-HELP(4357)
2. Evacuate Building
3. Do not use elevator
4. Stay 500ft. from the affected building
5. Report to the emergency assembly area for that building
6. DO NOT re-enter the building until the Fire Department says so!