4.3 Publication of policies
The institution makes available to students and the public current academic calendars.
Judgement of Compliance
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) provides access to several calendars via the UTC website, including the academic calendar and final exam schedules, calendar of fee schedules, schedule of classes, and orientation schedules.
Grading policies are available online in the Student Handbook, the Faculty Handbook, the Undergraduate Catalog, and the Graduate Catalog. Faculty members are required to describe how each student will be evaluated on the class syllabus, which is distributed to each student in the class. A copy of every undergraduate and graduate syllabus is kept on file in the Office of the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.Refund policies are available online through the Bursar’s Office website as well as in a section of the Student Handbook titled “Refund of Fees & Adjustments.” These policies can also be found in the Undergraduate and Graduate catalogs.
- Academic Calendars and Final Exam Schedule
- Calendar of Fee Schedules
- Schedule of Classes
- Orientation Schedules
- Student Handbook: Grading policies, Page 7
- Faculty Handbook: Grade Change and Grade Appeals policies, pp. 5-7
- 2009-2010 Undergraduate Catalog: Grading policies
- 2009-2010 Graduate Catalog: Grading policies, p. 22-23
- Faculty Handbook: syllabus format
- Sample syllabi, Fall 2009
a. English 121
b. Math 515
- Bursar's Webpage: Refund policies
- Student Handbook: Refund of Fees & Adjustments, Page 49