Transfer Articulation provides students with a seamless transition from a Tennessee two-year community college to complete a bachelor's degree at UTC in the same major. Transfer articualtion agreements list the courses that students must take to earn an Associate degree in a major as well as the coursework in the same major required for the Bachelor's degree. Transfer students who change their majors once enrolled at UTC will receive full credit for their college-level transfer work but will not articulate.
Students completing an articulation program must also fulfill all UTC academic regulations listed in the Degree Requirements section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
Students transferring to UTC under an articulation agreement must meet
the following criteria before their academic record will reflect their
- Must meet UTC admission requirements
- Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA with no transferred grade below a "C"
- Have earned an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree from a Tennessee two year public institution, and transfer major to major
- Be currently enrolled in coursework at UTC
- Submit Intent to Articulate form to the Records Office to request a review of the academic record for articulation.
Articulation agreements are valid only for the major under which the AA or AS degree was awarded and must be completed within 10 years of admission to UTC.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree is not intended for articulation into a baccalaureate program. Individual courses earned under the AAS degree will be considered for transfer equivalency.
To have your academic record reviewed to articulate submit a completed Intent to Articulate form to the Records Office in 109 Race Hall.