Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth (3/16/10)
- Alternatives to Detention Grant Program : The purpose of the Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth’s (TCCY) Alternatives to Detention Grant Program is to plan for and implement the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (JJDP) Act of 1974 as amended in 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992 and reauthorized in 2002. The Act mandates the following: deinstitutionalization of status offenders, removal of juveniles from adult jails, separation of juveniles from adult offenders, and, address the problem of minority overrepresentation in the juvenile justice system. Programs addressing alternatives to detention will reduce the number of youth held in secure facilities while maintaining safe communities. Grants are awarded to assist Tennessee in complying with these mandates as well as to prevent delinquency and to improve the juvenile justice system.
- Deadline is May 14, 2010.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (3/16/10)
- Drug Free Communities Support Program : Notice seeking applications to establish and strengthen collaboration to support the efforts of community coalitions working to prevent and reduce substance use among youth.
- Deadline is March 22, 2010.
U.S. Department of Education (3/16/10)
- Teaching American History Grant : The Teaching American History Grant (TAH) Program supports projects that aim to raise student achievement by improving teachers' knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of traditional American history. Grant awards assist local educational agencies (LEAs), in partnership with entities that have extensive content expertise, in developing, implementing, documenting, evaluating, and disseminating innovative, cohesive models of professional development. By helping teachers to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of traditional American history as a separate subject within the core curriculum, these programs are intended to improve instruction and raise student achievement.
- Deadline is March 19, 2010.
National Science Foundation (3/16/10)
- Undergraduate Research and Mentoring in Biological Sciences (URM): The Undergraduate Research and Mentoring in the Biological Sciences (URM) program will fund projects that provide year-round support for undergraduate students to engage in exciting and contemporary research activities that are potentially publishable. Research can be in any area of biology supported by the NSF Directorate for Biological Sciences or in interdisciplinary areas supported by BIO. Research conducted by URM students should not have medical or veterinary goals and should involve modern biological tools and methods. Students participating in URM projects should experience the excitement of creating new knowledge in the course of conducting research.
- Deadline is April 26, 2010.
- Advanced Technological Education : Notice seeking proposals that focuses on the education of technicians for the high-technology fields that drive our nation's economy.
- Deadline is April 19, 2010.
Research Corporation (3/16/10)
- Cottrell College Science/Cottrell Scholar: Single investigator Cottrell College Science Awards (preliminary proposal required 9/15, proposal target date 11/15) provide $35,000 ($10,000 match required) for tenure-track individual investigators in their first 3 years of positions in astronomy, chemistry, or physics departments that do not offer doctoral degrees. Cottrell Scholar Awards (applications due 1st business day in April) provide $75,000 to tenure-track assistant professors in bachelor's & PhD-granting departments of astronomy, chemistry, and physics.
- Deadline is April 1, 2010.