*Please note: The forms below have been updated as of August, 2010. The IRB has moved from using two separate application forms for exempt and expedited applications (Forms A and B) to using one application form for both (Form A). The IRB office will make the decision as to whether the application requires exempt or expedited review.
The following forms should be used for IRB applications. All Word documents use the form lock feature which means that you can only type in the fields where information is requested. This will show as gray boxes on the form. Simply place your cursor in the gray area and type, or tab between fields to move from one section to the other.
Please see Electronic Submission Guidelines for additional information. Student applications must be approved of and submitted by the faculty advisor for the research project.
For all exempt and expedited applications not including protected health information, please fill out one of the following forms:
- IRB Application Checklist
- Form A: Application for Review of Research of Human Subjects.
- Form B: Certification of Changes, Annual Review Request, or Project Termination/Completion
- Form C: Application To Proceed With Student Class Projects
- Form D: Certification Of Completion Of Student Class Projects
For all applications involving the use of protected health information, please read and familiarize yourself with the HIPAA regulations and fill out the applicable forms:
- Form A: Application for Review of Research of Human Subjects (HIPAA)
- Form B: Certification of Changes, Annual Review Request, or Project Completion (HIPAA)
- Form G: Request For Waiver Or Alteration Of Subject Authorization For The Use And
Disclosure Of Protected Health Information
- Form H: Research Involving Protected Health Information
- Form I: Investigator's Access Preparatory To Research
- Form J: Research Involving Deceased Individuals
- Form K: De-Identification Certification Form
In the case of an adverse event associated with this study, please fill out the following form: