All IRB Committee Members and faculty who intend to use the classroom assignment review process must complete the federal IRB training module. All researchers are encouraged to complete it.
Training is available at: http://ohrp-ed.od.nih.gov/CBTs/Assurance/login.asp
- The National Institute of Health (NIH) has recently posted a great online tutorial for human subjects research. To access the tutorial, please see: http://phrp.nihtraining.com
- The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) online tutorial:
For instructions on the CITI web site, please click here.
UTC Training Presentations:
- 3/06/2013: Research Involving Human Subjects - Faculty/Staff
- Research Class Presentation (.pdf)
- Top 10 Tips
- Self-Guided Training Tutorial
- UTC IRB Training Manual is now available in PDF format to reference and download.
Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) provides graphic aids to assist IRBs, investigators, and institutions in their decision making process. Topics covered include:
- whether an activity is research that must be reviewed by an IRB
- whether the review may be performed by expedited procedures, and
- whether informed consent or its documentation may be waived.