For Graduate Student Financial Aid Information go to: http://www.utc.edu/Administration/FinancialAid/gradstudents.php
The Graduate School has a limited number of scholarships, most of which are single course scholarships. To be eligible, students must have a minimum 3.0 institutional cumulative GPA. The priority deadline for applying is February 15. This information is also available at
- Channel 3 Scholarships provide $1,000 awards to two African-American students in the M.B.A. program who are interested in the broadcast industry.
- Charles Foundation Scholarships are available to select full-time students in engineering or education.
- Civitan Club Scholarship provides a $1,000 award to a special education student with financial need.
- Community Development Work Study Program Fellowships are awarded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to students with economic need majoring in Public Administration. These fellowships are available only when UTC receives funding.
- Dr. John A. Dyer book scholarships provide $500 awards to a few students in the Public Administration Program.
- Fincannon Scholarships are awarded to selected previously married women.
- Finley Scholarships are awarded to a few single parents, especially women.
- Geraghty Scholarship is for a student in the M.B.A. program with a humanities undergraduate major.
- The Graduate School Scholarship recognizes a student in any discipline who has need and shows unusual merit.
- Lebovitz Scholarships are awarded to eligible students of the Jewish faith.
- Music performance grants are available for the bands, singing groups and orchestra. Applications are made to the head of the Music Department.
- The Radin Scholarship is awarded to a student in the liberal arts.
- Rotary Club of Chattanooga Scholarships are awarded to selected graduate students who are alumni of Chattanooga City or Hamilton County public schools.
- Criminal Justice Department Scholarship,The Graduate Doc Schettler Scholarship provides a maximum of $3,000 annually to a fully admitted student to the Master’s of Science in Criminal Justice degree program, http://www.utc.edu/Academic/CriminalJustice/CRMJGraduateScholarships.php.
Note: There may be special awards for students in Nursing or Physical Therapy. Contact the appropriate program coordinator for information.
Graduate Assistantship Information
General Assistantship Information
- Equal Opportunity Form (Must be completed and submitted with Opportunity Assistantship Application)
- Priority Deadline for the next academic year: February 15
- Submit application to Nicole-Brown@utc.edu
Degree-seeking first generation graduate students enrolling for the first time in graduate school are eligible to apply for the opportunity assistantships. Recipients will work with their assigned mentor twenty hours per week for a full-time assistantship.
Graduate Assistantship Job Postings
This is not an inclusive list of positions available. Please complete a graduate assistantship application and submit it to the appropriate department.
Currently there no graduate assistantship positions posted.
GA Fee Waiver Taxation Information