Accreditations and Memberships
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097. Telephone: 404-679-4501; Fax: 404-679-4558) to award bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees.
The University has also earned accreditation from the following organizations (pdf).
The University is a charter member of the Southern University Conference. Additionally, memberships include the following:
- American Alumni Council
- American Council on Education
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association for Continuing Higher Education
- Association of American Universities
- Council of Graduate Schools in the United States
- National University Extension Association
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges
- Tennessee College Association