Types of Student Loans
- Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Direct Parent PLUS Loans
- Graduate PLUS Loans
- Federal Perkins Loans
- Private Loans
Student Loans are funds that must be repaid. The following is required to receive any student loan:
- You must be fully admitted in a degree-seeking program.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time to qualify for a student loan.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed at www.fafsa.gov and
- All required financial aid documents must be on file in the UTC Financial Aid Office.
- You must be fully admitted in a degree program.
- Students must adhere to all UTC enrollment and Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- An EXIT Loan Counseling must be completed at www.studentloans.gov when you graduate or each time you are no longer enrolled in at least half time.
- Loans are generally repaid in 10-25 years depending on the repayment plan chosen. For different repayment options, please go to http://www2.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/DirectLoan/RepayCalc/dlindex2.html
- If your graduation date changes, you must notify the Financial Aid Office so that the Financial Aid Office can award aid for the next term.
Managing your Loans
How much have I borrowed? Log in to www.NSLDS.ed.gov to see your student loan history. You will need your FAFSA PIN to log in.
Do you have student loans with more than one lender? If yes, you may want to consider loan consolidation. Go to http://www.loanconsolidation.ed.gov/ for more information.
To estimate your monthly payment, use the student loan payment calculator.