Students may choose to take classes at another institution and still receive their aid from UTC. In order to be eligible to do a consortium agreement, the student must be a degree seeking student and eligible for aid at the home institution (UTC) and be enrolled as a transient student at the host institution. The student should be aware that not all schools will recognize a consortium agreement and they must consider this before completing the consortium agreement.
For Outgoing students (this includes study abroad):
- Checklist for Outgoing Financial Aid Consortium students
- If a Study Abroad student, first meet with the International Programs Office to determine your cost of the trip and submit the Concurrent Enrollment Form to the UTC Financial Aid office. You will be contacted by the Financial Aid office as to your aid eligibility through your UTC email account. After receiving this email, if you still have questions regarding your financial aid, you may set up an appointment to discuss aid options with the Study Abroad Financial Aid Counselor by contacting the office at 423-425-4677.
- In order to have aid adjusted prior to the term, the Concurrent Enrollment Form must be submitted to UTC Financial Aid Office two weeks prior to the start of the term.
For incoming Students:
- Checklist for Incoming Financial Aid Consortium students
- Submit your Consortium agreement form to the Financial Aid office. You should be able to monitor your form being completed and submitted to your home institution on your MyMocsnet account under Financial Aid requirements for the appropriate academic year.