Office of Multicultural Affairs
Tara Mathis, Associate Dean of Students and Director of Multicultural Affairs
Ericka Hill, Administrative Assistant
Kris Davis, Graduate Assistant
The Office of Multicultural Affairs assists in fostering a community that contributes to the successful recruitment, retention, and graduation of underrepresented students at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The Office of Multicultural Affairs enhances the academic and social experience of all students through outreach and support. In keeping with the guiding principles of the University, the office works in a partnership with faculty to promote lifelong learning one student at a time.
- Assist in the academic enhancement of each student.
- Promote each student's physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development.
- Foster a community which values diversity and creates an awareness of each community member's personal worth and responsibility.
- Affirm the inclusion of underrepresented populations in the institutional community.
- Provide the resources necessary for the personal growth of underrepresented students, which prepares students for leadership in a pluralistic world.
- Collaborate with the internal and external areas of the institution to enhance the collegiate experience.