The Campus Ministry Association at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an organization of campus ministry professionals who have come together from a wide variety of religious traditions to share a common interest in the free expression of religious faith in the life of the university. The Association shall be a support community for the encouragement of those engaging in this ministry. It is a forum for the sharing of information and viewpoints helpful for the common task. It is an official point of contact between the campus religious communities and the Division of Student Development.
The Campus Ministry Association wants you to know our commitment to you:
- We recognize your right to practice your faith according to the dictates of your conscience.
- We recognize your right to be informed about your faith in a spirit that is free from pressure, coercion or manipulation.
- We recognize your right to say “no” to unwanted or intrusive proselytism and religious hard-sell.
- We recognize your right to privacy – therefore we will not visit you without your permission.
- We recognize your right to know what religious organization you’re dealing with – up front with no hidden agendas, or secret affiliations.
The Campus Ministry Association aims to:
- Walk alongside students in crisis and celebrations.
- Embrace a variety of religious traditions and backgrounds.
- Provide students with education and experiences in correlation with their values & beliefs.
The Campus Ministry Association values:
- Community Building
- Religious Freedom
- Dialogue of Many Ideas
- Academic Success/Retention
- Campus Engagement
- Overall Well-Being (emotional, spiritual, physical)
Campus Ministries @ UTC