Welcome to the Counseling and Personal Development Center
at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga!
HOW CAN I REACH THE COUNSELING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTER?
- We are located in the University Center, room 338.
- Our hours are Monday - Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Center walk-in hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m to 3:00 p.m.
- In the case of an emergency, counselors are on call 24-7. To reach the on call counselors, contact the Center during regular business hours or after hours call Campus Safety at (423) 425-4357.
- To E-mail Us Click Here- Note: If this is an emergency call the Counseling Center 423-425-4438 or Campus Safety 423-425-4357
What can the Counseling and Personal Development Center do for you?
Students come to the Counseling and Personal Development Center for many reasons, some including:
- Choosing a Major
- Adjustment to College Life
- Relationship Stress
- Family Issues
- Anxiety related to school or other issues
- Unmotivated or Depressed
- Coping with the loss of a loved one
- Concerns about body image or eating
- Stress Management
- Test Anxiety
- Study Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Problems with Alcohol and Drugs
- Breaking Destructive Habits
- Time Management
- Medication management for mental health concerns
The reasons why people seek counseling are as varied as people themselves. Seeking help through the Center does not imply weakness. Students coming into the Center for counseling are usually seeking more effective and rewarding lives by addressing personal problems, career questions, skill development issues, or the stressors of being in college.
If you are concerned about coming to the Counseling and Personal Development Center for help; remember, seeking help does not mean you are "weak" or "crazy." It means you are intelligent enough and motivated enough to use the resources at your disposal. Click here to see common myths about mental illness.
The center employees a variety of professionals including psychologist, licensed professional counselors, social workers, consulting psychiatrists, etc. To view our bios click here.