Problems in the workplace
If a concern or problem with the work assignment or work environment arises, you should:
- do everything you can to resolve these difficulties with your immediate supervisor, co-workers, etc. through regular company channels.
- contact the Co-op Office for assistance, if the resolution is not satisfactory.
- keep the Co-op Office informed at each step of the resolution process.
If you will not be returning to your employer for your next scheduled work term:
Inform your co-op coordinator immediately upon reaching your decision, so that you can:
- submit a letter of resignation to your employer no later than two months prior to the beginning of the next assigned work term, (earlier if possible), and
- provide a copy of the resignation letter to the Co-op Office.
If you will not be returning to school after an assignment:
Discuss your decision not to return to school with your co-op coordinator and then with your employer. (You may not remain in the co-op position without the permission of your co-op coordinator.)
If you are changing the sequence or number of work terms:
- discuss the effect that change will have on your long-range schedule with your co-op coordinator and your faculty advisor;
- obtain permission from your co-op coordinator.