Alumni Membership to The ARC
One of the benefits for alumni is a membership to the new UTC Aquatics & Recreation Center (known as The ARC). The ARC is UTC's new state of the art recreation center designed to offer UTC students with the latest and greatest recreation and fitness equipment and programs. Funded 100% by student fees since 2002, the ARC's first phase will celebrate it's grand opening on Tuesday, August 18, 2009.
Although the ARC is intended primarily for UTC students, beginning September 1, 2009, alumni will be able to purchase a membership to use it as well. Below is information regarding the ARC's facility highlights as well as information regarding the details of membership.
Alumni will have the opportunity to purchase a membership to The ARC at a special rate that is very competitive to local fitness and recreation facilities. There are two types of alumni membership.
Recent Alumni Membership
UTC Alumni who were full time students for any one semester during September 2002 - May 2010 are eligible to receive a reduced membership through December 2013 as they paid for the facility through student fees during their time at UTC. A one time fee of $21.85 (cash or check) must be remitted to the Alumni Office to acquire your alumni Mocs ID card. After December 2013, all alumni will still be eligible to receive the general alumni membership.
General Alumni Membership
All UTC and UC alumni who have earned a degree are eligible for this membership.
- Fee: $150 + tax ($163.88) per 6-month membership*
Memberships must be made at 6-month segments or longer. No monthly membership rates will be eligible. The $150 + tax rate must be paid in full when registering for the membership. This membership is a non-refundable fee.
- A one time $20 + tax ($21.85) access fee charge will also be applied to all alumni to process a new alumni access ID card. A $15 fee will be charged for any lost or replacement card to be issued.
- Membership only covers access to the facility and regularly scheduled fitness classes during hours of operation.
- The membership fee does NOT cover the cost of specialized UTC recreation classes, trips or programs.
- Memberships are only given to alumni who are in good standing with the University.
- There are no family membership plans for The ARC. Family members of alumni who are non-grads are not granted membership (including children of alumni). From time to time throughout the year special family days will be available that will be open to family members of alumni.
- For further questions regarding alumni membership to The ARC, please call the UTC Alumni Office at 423-425-4785.
How to Register for The ARC Membership
- Visit the UTC Alumni Office on the second floor of the Patten House at 801 Oak Street (corner of Oak & Palmetto). Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Phone #: 423/425-4785
Make sure to bring photo ID and your UTC Alumni Card (need one? visit our update form).
- You will fill out the registratoin paperwork and make payments at the UTC Alumni Office. Payments must be made with check or exact cash. No credit card payments.
- Once payment is made, you will be issued a receipt which you will then take to the Mocs ID office in the University Center. They will issue you a new alumni access ID card. Your receipt will be your "temporary pass" until your card is made and sent to you.
All alumni must be issued a new alumni access card, even if you have a previous Mocs ID student card. Be prepared to take a photo.
- Take your receipt (and new card if processed the day of) to The ARC and take a tour of the facility.
- Have fun!
- Re-new your membership at the Alumni Office prior to the end date listed on your receipt.
For a complete description of the ARC, please visit UTC's Campus Recreation site.
Phase I of the center was completed in summer 2009 and boasts an array of state-of-the-art fitness and recreation equipment.
•A welcoming entrance (Image 2) provides for a safe and accessible experience for current students, recent alumni and ARC Members
•Centralized Locker Rooms (day use only)
•One large multi-sport court that can be converted into two basketball courts, four volleyball courts, eight badminton courts or two indoor soccer courts.
•1,400 sq ft storage and programming suite for UTC Outdoors.
•Rock Wall (Image 3) - Includes a 43'7" foot indoor rock climbing tower, an indoor 13 foot boulder, and a 13 foot indoor training wall.
•1/8 mile indoor track with 360 view of the UTC community.
•Fitness Area at The ARC - 14,000 sq ft of exercise space for state-of-art exercise equipment for any and all workouts. Equipment includes Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, and Cybex machines.
•Small and large aerobic rooms (for the Chattanooga Spirit Squads), martial arts and instructional rooms.
•A relaxing Wi-Fi lobby featuring the Campus Recreation Hall of Fame which honors student successes and UTC's Recreational History.
•Equipment check out room that meet all your indoor and outdoor recreational needs.
Lots of unique and incredible fun features are included in the Pool portion (Images 4 & 5) of The ARC's Phase II to be completed by May 2010. Scheduled to start construction 2009, this phase will be built from the existing west wall of the ARC to the 5th street side walk.
•Lazy River with kayak plunge pool and 30 person bubble bench.
•5 lap line swim area from 4ft to 10ft depths with a 30 person hot tub.
•2 story high, 156 foot long water slide
•Water basketball and water volleyball courts